Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Relief

Relief

A Chapter by Isemay

Seeing and hearing Malies in Charyic’s body had made his throat close with anguish. Esus felt the fear lift from his shoulders as he looked into Charyic’s eyes. They had gone from the black opal of Malies’ favor to the shining mirrored silver of Isemal’s before fading back into a green-brown that almost looked green and gold.


He kissed her face and pulled her close. Nothing in all the world could be a worthy enough offering for giving her back unharmed. He would not allow Malav to touch her or her child, Malies had brought enough darkness into the world he would not take these bright blessings. Esus pulled her as tight against him as he could and pressed a hand to her round belly. Charyic caressed his arm and he realized that the Holy Father was smiling down at him expectantly as if he had been asked a question.


“You were asked if you would like your birds brought from Lallareth, since we’ll be staying.” Charyic murmured just below his ear.


“I would. I would like them, my beauty enjoys them as much as I do.” Esus could feel his ears reddening as she kissed his neck.


The priestess of Ayil grinned impishly, “I think you have some pressing matters to attend to, Esus. Try not to spend too much time with your birds when they arrive?”


He bowed his head wordlessly, earning a soft laugh from her. The Holy Father offered his hand to Charyic and Esus stood on his own as she was helped to her feet.


As they made their way back to the palace that the Holy Father and the order of the Light Bringers called home, Charyic whispered to him, “What was it you were thinking of that you didn’t hear the Holy Father ask you about your birds, my Esus?”


A grin spread across his face and he pulled her arm close to his body. “Your Esus. I like the way that sounds, my beauty.”


She laughed and leaned to kiss his shoulder as they walked. “But you don’t want to answer my question?”


Esus stopped and pulled her in front of him, looking into her eyes intently. “My beauty, all I could feel was relief that you had not been harmed by Malies. There is no offering I could make that would be great enough for the joy of having you back unharmed. I will not allow Malav to touch you again, or your child, I love you both too much. Malies has brought enough darkness into this world I will not let him take my brightest blessings from me.”


The look on her face when he finished speaking made him wish they were closer to the palace and their own room in it. His Charyic pulled him urgently into a kiss and did not break it until the steward cleared his throat loudly behind her. Esus could only grin as she gave the man a furious look.


“The Holy Father has charged me with seeing you to your room. He had some concern you might not find your way.” The wry twist of his lips and sardonic tone made Charyic blush and Esus grinned wider.


The remainder of the walk was as quickly paced as could be managed without breaking into a run. The way his Charyic laughed and grinned, pulling him when he slowed trying to be considerate, made him want to scoop her up and carry her. He refrained knowing she would take the opportunity to kiss him senseless and he would have trouble walking safely with her while she did.


When they reached their room, Esus shut the door and watched his Charyic move to the bed. She sat on the edge and pushed her boots off with her toes against the heels. The flush on her cheeks as she watched him come closer made his breath catch.


“My beauty.” His breathless murmur as he leaned in to kiss her was followed by a knocking on the door.


Erech opened it as Esus groaned softly against Charyic’s neck.


“Miryil suggested I ask if you would like to join us for lunch.”


Esus didn’t look up as Erech spoke. But Charyic replied with a pointed and almost royal sounding dismissal. “No. Thank you, Erech. You may go now.” Esus lifted his head as she slipped out of his arms.


He watched with a grin as she moved toward the closing door purposefully and dragged a chair in front of it before turning back to him with a mischievous sparkle in her eyes.


His tunic was off before she had crossed half the distance and he held out his arm making her laugh as she came to him and took hold of it.




© 2017 Isemay


Author's Note

Isemay
I intended to put this chapter and the next between the two I orignínally had here but the change in tone was so jarring I had to go with moving them up.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on August 25, 2017
Last Updated on August 25, 2017
Tags: fantasy, original, royalty, priests, prophecy

Song

Cry

By Isemay

Joy

By Isemay

Go

By Isemay


Author

Isemay
Isemay

Germany



About
Spent some time away from here but I've come back to peek in and post again! Review my writing and I will gladly return the favor! I love reading other people's stories, and I try to review hone.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Isemay


Two Two

A Chapter by Isemay


Three Three

A Chapter by Isemay