Sixteen

Sixteen

A Chapter by Isemay

The dining room was huge and filled with loud conversations. Some of the people Genevieve recognized, and a few, like Rob, seemed genuinely happy to see her. Remiel carried her around to speak to several people before he approached Alpha Germain, the way people inhaled as he carried her past was making her blush.


“We’re going to have a… discussion after your mate is put to bed, Remi.” The Alpha’s displeased frown hushed the conversations in the room. “Your mate is too fragile right now for that.”


“I know, my Alpha. I don’t have an excuse,” the contrition in his voice and the way he bowed his head made her want to speak up and say it wasn’t his fault, but he was clear about needing her to be quiet. She bit her top lip and stroked his face. 

 

“And you stop biting your lip. Your side is aching and as much as you think it wasn’t his fault he should have known better. Loving your mate doesn’t mean he can hurt you when his emotions get the better of him, or of you.” He gave her a stern look and she dipped her head trying to sink into Remiel’s chest.


“Yes, Alpha Germain, sorry.” She heard him snort a soft laugh.


“I think she’s more contrite than you are, Remi. Your mate is used to being hurt deliberately. She should be getting used to a loving mate who doesn’t hurt her at all.” 


She could feel his jagged breath as his arms tightened around her for a brief moment. “Yes, my Alpha. It won’t happen again.”


“For her comfort we’ll deal with this further after dinner. She needs to eat and go lay back down.”


Remiel carefully placed her into a chair and sat close enough that his leg was touching hers. Ethan sat across from them and gave her a half smile.


As the food was being brought around he started to tease, “You’d think someone who was telling the future earlier could have avoided that.”


“Just a warning, Harm might actually kick you. She’s-”


The Alpha cleared his throat, “Maybe talk about something that won’t make your mate crazy?” 


Genevieve blinked. “Sorry!” Twisting in her seat hurt but she wanted to reach out and touch Remiel to reassure him.


“Don’t twist like that,” he chided gently, moving his chair closer so that their thighs were touching. “It’s all right.”


Leaning against his side, she smiled as Remiel rubbed his chin over her hair. “I’m glad I’m not one of those girls who spends much time on her hair.”


“I hope mine doesn’t either,” Ethan piped up cheerfully, making a few of those around them laugh.


“She spends more time on her hair than I do.” Genevieve spoke up before she realized it.


“Tell me more, and we can see if you’re right when I find her.” Ethan grinned and someone tittered.


“You’re going to hate her hair but you’re not going to say anything about it. She’ll be mad enough at you as it is when you meet her.” She saw him look at Remi as she spoke. “You’ll find out very quickly how fast she is, that she isn’t as hard as she seems to be will take a little longer.” 


“She’s sure of it.” Remiel wrapped his arm around her.


“Why is she going to be mad at me?” Ethan looked bemused.


“You’re going to do something that needs to be done, you’re not going to be a popular man for it. It is the right thing to do. You need to remember that.”


Ethan sat back looking at her with all traces of amusement gone. “What am I going to do?”


“I don’t know. Not… not exactly.” She shook her head, the feeling was fading away.


“When you feel the answers it’s almost the same as when you sang.” Remiel tried to get closer to her pushing her slightly to the side on her chair.


“Almost the same?” Genevieve looked up at him.


“When you sang it was more pronounced.” He kissed her head.


“I’d think you wouldn’t want her to sing after seeing the videos.” Ruby almost sounded flippant but there was a barb underneath her tone.


“My mate has a pretty voice.” Remiel almost growled it at her.


“Pretty but creepy.” Genevieve rubbed his thigh. “There’s a reason I don’t really sing where anyone can hear me, my angel.”


“Why were you singing?” The Alpha interjected curiously.


“We were talking about my shirt, how much I like this band. I told him I’d play some for him next time I had the computer and he suggested I sing him something.” She gave Alpha Germain a chagrined smile, “I should have just waited to play it for him on the computer.”


“Well…” Heads turned toward the voice. Rob looked a little embarrassed. “Well, it’s um, Death Cab. Maybe if you tried something else?”


“Death Cab?” Alpha Germain made a face.


“Death Cab for Cutie, one of my favorite bands.” She glanced over and saw Rob grin.


Ethan snorted, “I think I see the problem, Gen. Try listening to music that isn’t creepy. It might help.”


“It’s not creepy!” She tried not to laugh at his dubious look and raised hands.


“Eat.” The Alpha pointed with his fork.


Looking where he pointed, she realized Remiel was already finished with his plate. “How? We were talking for like, a minute.”


He started to laugh, “Eat, I don’t think you took a bite the whole time you were talking.”


It was true, she hadn’t even really looked at her plate. Smothered chicken and potatoes, but instead of macaroni and cheese she had some sort of vegetable au gratin on her plate. The textures were as they were supposed to be but they didn’t have much of a flavor. Half listening to the other quiet conversations that started up, she ate until she felt full and looked at Remiel, wondering if he’d want what she couldn't eat. 


“You’re sure you can’t eat any more?” He pulled her plate over to where his had been.


“I’m sure. I’m stuffed.”  Genevieve took a sip of her water.


“Then it’s time for you to go lay back down.” Alpha Germain suggested gently.


“Yes sir.” For the first time in a long time, it had been nice to be in a group of people. She didn’t want it to end just yet but she was not going to argue about it. One stern look was more than enough.


He gave a faint smile as if he’d heard that. “Remi take your mate back to your room and then we’re going to have that discussion.”


“Yes, my Alpha.” Remiel stood and pulled back her chair picking her up before she could try to stand.



© 2021 Isemay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

8 Views
Added on January 9, 2021
Last Updated on January 9, 2021
Tags: witches, werewolves, drama, romance, supernatural


Author

Isemay
Isemay

Germany



About
Spent some time away from here but I've come back to peek in and post again! Review my writing and I will gladly return the favor! I love reading other people's stories, and I try to review hone.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Isemay


Two Two

A Chapter by Isemay


Three Three

A Chapter by Isemay