Four

Four

A Chapter by Isemay

“But you’re not going to be sticking around, I don’t-I’m not a one night stand kind of girl.” His mate’s regretful voice made him want to howl in frustration. “I’m sorry. I, um, I gotta go.”


Eli stared at the phone in his hands. He needed to see her. His mate… the thought gnawed at the back of his mind, he hadn’t thought much of Genevieve when she tried to evade Remi, that his mate would do the same… Someone knocked on the door. “Come in.”


“The name she was talking about, we think it’s Jacob. It means Supplanter and some of the name sites say it also means he who grasps the heel, or follows on the heel.” Aurel stood in the doorway.


“Jacob was the one my mate was with tonight.” He nodded looking back at the phone, hoping she might call back and say she’d changed her mind.


“What’s wrong?” Aurel crossed his arms leaning in the frame.


“She, ah d****t, she thinks I want a one night stand. My mate isn’t going to see me. She said…” Eli rubbed his face before growling out her words, “I guess it’s not meant to be, it was nice to meet you, though.”


“I’d say to ask Vivi what to do, but I think you might have upset her. If it were me you talked to that way I’d let you stew in it.”


“Vivi isn’t like that.” Rob stepped around his mate. “Bas is. But if you ask Vivi for help she’ll do anything she can for you, you’re part of her pack.”


The thought of having to call her and apologize rankled, but if the witch could look into the future and tell him what to do… His mate was going to avoid him if he didn’t.


“Will you call her for me? I don’t think she’ll answer the phone if it’s me.”


“I can.” Rob nodded and pulled out his own phone, stepping into the room.


“At this time of night it might be Bas answering their house line. That’s probably smart.” Aurel nodded staying put.


Eli took a deep breath trying to think of what to say.


“Bas, it’s Rob, sorry to wake you. I need to speak to Vivi.” Rob snorted a laugh, “I won’t keep her long and I’ll try not to get her started again.” There was a pause. “Vivi? I have someone who needs to talk to you.” He offered the phone.


“Genevieve?” 


“Eli, hey, is everything ok?”


“No, not...” He took another deep breath. “I need to know what to do. And I know I was an a*s earlier but…”


“It’s ok, tell me what you need. I don’t hold grudges.” She sounded sweet and sincere. It made him angry, she should be angry with him for the way he spoke to her.


He couldn’t keep from snapping, “Stop being nice. It isn’t holding a grudge to expect-”


“You speak with the Sibyl. You will be respectful.” Her tone changed and it raised the hairs on the back of his neck. “The Sibyl is not nice, nor is she cruel. Speak.”


“My mate, she won’t-”


“The wolf knows what to do. The man must wait.”


“That’s not helpful, can you please speak clearly just once?” Eli pleaded into the phone.


“She thinks she is. To her it’s crystal clear. Tell Rob I’m not happy with him.” Bas’ icy voice answered him.


“Please. Please just hand her the phone back.” This wasn’t going well. “Bas, I’m sorry, please.”


“I think the Sibyl has said all she’s going to say.” Genevieve sounded tired and disappointed.


“I’m sorry, Genevieve. Tonight… My mate was on a date. I had to leave her with him and that just… I expected her to come with me.” He sighed, “And as soon as you said Supplanter I had a feeling I knew who it was going to be that you wanted me to bring. I was out of line. I shouldn’t have been disrespectful, and you shouldn’t tolerate it.”


“I understand, and I actually hear that a lot from Bas and Remiel about the disrespect. I’m not imposing enough to demand respect, I’d rather be who I am and let people come to the conclusion I deserve it on their own.” She seemed a little prouder as she continued, “The Sibyl on the other hand is absolutely imposing enough and she insists on people being respectful when they speak with her.”


“Yeah, I actually appreciated that. I just wish she wasn’t so cryptic. What does it mean?”


He heard her take a breath and think for a moment. “I can only tell you what it makes me think of. The first time Remiel introduced me to his wolf, we weren’t, uh, we weren’t having sex yet. I wasn’t ready.” There was a laugh on the other side of the phone and a murmur of “Stop that I’m trying to talk.”


“But I-he was so beautiful. I thought he looked like a really huge dog. He was sweet and playful. Even though I wasn’t sure if I was allowed to touch him at first, I wanted to.” Her voice was almost breathy by the end of the sentence and her breathing was becoming noticeably quicker. A softly moaned “Remiel,” was all he heard before Bas started to speak again.


“I hope you got what you needed.” He sounded less sharp and more rueful, “You’ve gotten them started again.”


“I think I did. I’m sorry for being disrespectful earlier.” 


“Good. I love my sister and she deserves better,” Bas spoke firmly and then continued less sternly. “That said, if it were my mate I had to leave on a date with another man… I would have been at least as rude as you were.”


“You heard.” Eli winced.


“If you speak to my sister, you speak to me. We’re linked, much like the mate bond but less carnal. And neither of us will outlive the other.”


“I think most mates would envy that.” Eli looked up at Rob with a half smile. “Thanks, Bas. Should I still tell Rob you’re not happy with him?”


The witch snorted, “I think you just did. I’ve been learning to appreciate his judgment. I advise you to do the same.”


“I will.” He handed the phone back over. “He’s learning to appreciate your judgment and suggests I do the same.”


“Bas would have been a good wolf if he wasn’t a witch.” Aurel smiled and stepped into the room. “What did she say?”


“I think I need a ride over to Grace’s place, and I’ll need to be picked up in the morning.”



© 2021 Isemay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on January 11, 2021
Last Updated on January 11, 2021
Tags: witches, werewolves, drama, romance, supernatural


Author

Isemay
Isemay

Germany



About
Spent some time away from here but I've come back to peek in and post again! Review my writing and I will gladly return the favor! I love reading other people's stories, and I try to review hone.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Isemay


Two Two

A Chapter by Isemay


Three Three

A Chapter by Isemay