Thirty

Thirty

A Chapter by Isemay

Rubbing her eyes and yawning after Gaeleath left, Marravae felt sluggish and a little foggy. 


“How long did we sleep?”


“Perhaps two hours.” Ossa gave her a worried frown. “They should have allowed you to continue sleeping.”


“This is like spending all night at a dull party and then getting up early for a family breakfast.” Celaena put on a comically peeved expression and Marravae smiled.


“I usually feel more awake, even after a dull party.” 


She let the Ladies do most of the work of dressing her, not feeling as if she had the energy. Almost as soon as they had finished dressing her and before they could begin dressing themselves, a knock came at the door. Ossa moved to open it a crack.


“His Highness requested Ellus come to look in on her Highness. And I ask for the same. She's not quite well this morning.” 


“Perhaps if we could-” The voice on the other side began.


“Ellus the Arek is who I trust to look after her Highness. If he isn’t with you when you next knock expect us to remain in our room.” Ossa’s tone brooked no argument and she closed the door.


“Ellus, son of Erras.” Marravae smiled faintly. “Dress, both of you. I don’t feel unwell just…”


“You look bloodless.” Ossa frowned at her.


“I feel exhausted and a little… foggy.”


“You may need more than bitters.”


“I need to go home.” Rubbing her face again, she caught the look that Ossa and Celaena exchanged and shook her head. “Get dressed, both of you.”


Forcing herself to her feet, she made her way to the window to lean her face against the cool glass. Outside the sun was shining on the courtyard and the way the bushes swayed made her feel as if she were swaying as well. What felt like a moment later, she was being helped to the bed by Ossa and Celaena.


Marravae blinked at them in confusion.


“You fainted.” Celaena stroked her head and sat next to her on the bed. “Ossa-”


“I’ll be back with Ellus, son of Erras.” 


The door opened and the woman stormed out. 


“Rest.” Celaena offered a worried smile as she stroked Marravae’s hair. “Ossa will bring the Arek healer if she has to take the Cuphisian King to task to do so.”


“Do you still have your knife?” Marravae murmured.


“I do, your Highness. No one will harm you. Rest.”


Feeling a little more assured, she closed her eyes.



© 2021 Isemay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on March 3, 2021
Last Updated on March 3, 2021
Tags: royalty, drama, fantasy


Author

Isemay
Isemay

Germany



About
Spent some time away from here but I've come back to peek in and post again! Review my writing and I will gladly return the favor! I love reading other people's stories, and I try to review hone.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Isemay


Two Two

A Chapter by Isemay


Three Three

A Chapter by Isemay