Web of Lies

Web of Lies

A Poem by Ishwar Grewal
"

All my writings are open to different interpretations :)

"

How does it feel to wake up each day pretending to be someone you are not?

Escaping from your lies and preventing to get caught?

 

How does it feel keeping your true self as a secret?

How does it feel tricking yourself that these secrets are to protect you?

How does it feel to know, these secrets are not a relief but seeds to your misery?

 

What is more dreadful?

Others telling you, “You should be like them!”

Or you telling yourself, “I should be like them!”

How does it feel trying to cut your limbs off?

Just to fit into the “normal” box?

 

How does it feel living in a constant fear of being judged by others?

Well, f**k others,

How does it feel judging yourself each day behind covers?

Such a Bliss!! To live a life of truth and honesty, faith in yourself that doesn’t die,

And yet you choose to leave your fate in the hands of a lie?

 

How does it feel trying to please others at your own expense?

Aren’t you afraid of living a life full of pretence?

For how long will you keep appeasing those eyes?

  Aren’t you tired of weaving your web of lies?

© 2019 Ishwar Grewal


Author's Note

Ishwar Grewal
So many of us are trying to fit in a "normal" box, even when they don't fit in, they don't fit in because they are different. I wish each one of you the power to be yourself, no matter what it takes. I wish we all can be who we are without being judged and judging others.

Being said that, all my writings are open to different interpretations, because we always perceive things according to who we are, and we are all unique.
Feel free to leave a feedback.. Thank you :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I am fortunate enough to live in a country where people can choose to live their lives without fear. When I read your lines I started to think of other parts of the world where freedom of thought and expression of who you are as a person would be highly dangerous. I can't think of anything sadder than living a lie day in and day out. Thank you for the journey you have taken me on. You conveyed a strong message here and did it well.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ishwar Grewal

4 Years Ago

Thank you Chris... m glad u liked it :)



Reviews

Ishwar the cleverness of this is awesomeness in a bottle! I love this poem and if my damn library function was working I would save this one as a favorite:) you jammed so much sincerity into this its like an honesty warhead boom boom boom

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ishwar Grewal

4 Years Ago

Thank you Robert so much for such a lovey review..made my day :)
I agree with Chris, its nice when you live in a Country or state that you are allowed to be who you are when you want to be. Free. In thoughts, expressing yourself outwardly and so forthwith. But sadly even in this day and again. That still does not happen in a lot of some parts of this world. Freedom of speech, expressing your sexuality and so forth. Feel stunted and stuck in somewhere where you feel you cant be who you are true. Must be heartbreaking, tragic and overwhelming at times to say the least. Beautifully expressed and so heartfelt, raw, deep and powerful projected. Makes the reader think and take on board how you feel.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ishwar Grewal

4 Years Ago

thank you so much for such an amazing review... dawn... :)
I am fortunate enough to live in a country where people can choose to live their lives without fear. When I read your lines I started to think of other parts of the world where freedom of thought and expression of who you are as a person would be highly dangerous. I can't think of anything sadder than living a lie day in and day out. Thank you for the journey you have taken me on. You conveyed a strong message here and did it well.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ishwar Grewal

4 Years Ago

Thank you Chris... m glad u liked it :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2019
Last Updated on August 15, 2019
Tags: lies, web, belief, pretence, pretend, secret, fear, fate, honest, true, judge, box, bliss

Author

Ishwar Grewal
Ishwar Grewal

chandigarh, India



About
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.-RUMI more..

Writing