Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Dominic Davis
"

Book One, Chapter-Two The dream she had during the coma is coming back to her, and she is able to tell the difference between two myths stated in the legends.

"

Two

The first attack of the darkness

The wind brushed upon my face as I sat down on the basketball court in front on the school. 

They don’t think I know but I do.  They I care but I don’t.  The legends state that my mother was the child of the moon.  She was supposed to receive the Moon Scroll, but fell in love with a man who only wanted her for the scroll. She handed him the moon scroll and the Goddess of Night Kaurta, cursed her forever for betraying her family.  They took the crown away from my grandmother and sent my mother and her down to the new world Kaurta had created. 

I know more, but I don’t want to think about it anymore.  I don’t want to think about what happened after my family came down.  

I guess now would be a good time to actually explain everything about my world before I go on complaining about it.  The Legends say that the devil sent its’ daughter up to Earth to try and take control.  But as soon as the Heavens found out, they quickly sent down their daughter.  The devils’ daughter was named Kaurta. She had magical powers that could be used to destroy anything or anyone that came in her path.  The Heavens’ daughter was named Harmony, she had powers to represent the good and the light she will bring to the world.  One day, the two met and that’s when the battle began.  They aimed powers at each other, and locked.  The powers were so powerful and overwhelming that it created its own land, outside of what now is Los Angeles. They both settled and decided to make this a mystical world where creatures and people just like them can live.  So they both blocked it off with a gate, and all was peaceful.  Then Humans came.  As soon as they found out about the land, they immediately demanded it to be theirs, but Kaurta and Harmony refused.  That’s when the battle between the Humans and the Mystical world began.  The Mystical world was leading, leaving the humans with only a few men left, so they made a deal.  The Mystical world can stay, but only if they promised never to use their powers on humans.  They both signed a treaty, guarded our world with a gate, and went back to their worlds.  And left it as that.  The school is suppose to be haunted by spirits and darkness is always roaming and more creepy stuff, like the students there have special powers.  The world is forever cursed and blah-blah-blah.  But that’s only according to the legends.  I don’t believe in legends.  Call me a rebel.  They go more in depth with the curse and how they got it.  But again, who cares?  This world is already a hell hold- nevertheless, who needs Daylight Savings time to make it worse.  And I guess I should tell you what’s wrong with my world too right?  What’s wrong with a bunch of people who have amazing super powers and can do whatever they want all the time, right?  What’s wrong with living in a perfect world where nothing ever goes wrong until Daylight Savings time, right?  It’s the pressure.  The pressure to be perfect and the pressure to be the best.  The pressure of knowing the history of your world and knowing that it could possibly happen again.  Knowing the betrayed and deaths that always seem to meet you some point in your life.  Knowing that you can’t trust anybody and even your family will turn against you.  I guess the human world and my world are the same in some places.  I guess it’s just knowing that you literally could die any second.  We don’t take that for granted.  Someone could literally kill us and get away with it.  There are no laws in Casper like in the human world.  The only laws are that we can’t use our powers on or off school campus unless directed too and we can’t kill another Casper Heighter.  But if people don’t listen to simple laws in your world like littering, then what makes you think the people here listen to big laws like killing each other?  We don’t have a justice system.  It’s only death, death, and death.  I might be emphasizing it more than I should, and it might not make sense but just go with the flow of it.  Okay?  

I felt drops of rain on my forehead.  That’s another thing-its always raining within the Gates. I grabbed my throat.  It was burning and screaming.  I needed something warm to drink- but I wont dare go in that building.  Merelda think’s I’m getting ready to come to her party.  She’s wrong.  I’m not going to that party if it’s the last thing I do.  I won’t watch the popular kids mingle and talk crap about me, I just wont.  I’m not going have my Saturday start with me feeling like crap. 

I stood up and walked towards the main building.  The school was always open for some stupid reason, like kids actually wanted to learn on the weekends.  I opened the door and everything went quiet.  I had a feeling I wasn’t alone.  That’s when I saw him.  He was standing in the middle of the hallway, his back facing me, and I could tell he was scared.  I should go up and talk to him.  But he might think I’m too depressing.

“H-h-hi Ashton.”  My voice broke. 

Then, Ashton started running down the hallway.  The lights on the ceiling were swinging, making this annoying buzzing sound as it flickered on and off.   He looked back.  I saw the fear in his eyes; the expression on his face was severe anxiety.  I kinda felt bad for him but that didn’t mean I was going to run off and help him.  I bit my lip and debated whether I should chase him or not.  I mean, whatever was chasing him really wanted to kill him and if I start chasing him he could want to kill me.
The light shinning through the hallway windows slowly faded and soon it was dark, very dark. The wind began howling through the hallways.  The girl who could control wind.  I smiled.    Ashton found what seemed like a safe location.  Too bad you’re never really safe here.   I took three steps towards him.  He stood still at the end of the hallway, terrified, at but safe.  Never?   The sound of the wind roared throughout the building and the wind itself blew fiercely up and down the hallways, in and out of classrooms, shattering door-windows along the way. 

“Ashton.”  I said his name again and he turned around.      
Perhaps he’s thinking that possibly I am the dark shadow chasing him. I thought to myself... Hum! How can I...?  I wish...
He finally screamed at me. “What the heck!”  “You really are freaken crazy!”
“Oh I’m- I’m not… Not following you if that’s what you mean.”  I said softly.  “I have no interest in knowing-”  He groaned in annoyance and pulled out his wand. 
He flipped his wand.

“I should kill you right now Aubrey Lauter.”  He sneered.  He held his want out and aimed it at me.  But I wasn’t scared. 

The howl became louder and louder as to seem to be getting closer.   The lockers in the hall began to slam open and shut.  The girl who could control the wind.  The wind stopped.  I took a deep breath.

“Go.”  I nodded.  “Kill me.”

He squinted his eyes and smiled.

“Next time.”  He nodded.

I nodded slowly.  “Next time.” 

 Then a black cloud moved quickly flew past me.  It stopped inches from his face and formed into a shadow man.  Then I felt my heart race.  My mind began having obsessive thoughts.  This was my master.  He was my ruler.  The evil emanating from this thing would scare the devil himself.  Shoot your wand you stupid dummy!

I licked the dried blood from my lips.  I knew who this man was.  Yep. 

This is the mark of war.  This is the signal from the underworld.  This is the bullet to the sky warning the world that World War Three has started.  The odor became stronger and stronger.

“Ashton stop!”  I finally screamed.  “Ashton, attack!”  I grabbed my throat.  It was so sore. 

The dark figure spun around and flew towards me.  Ashton finally shot out his wand.  The dark figure turned back around and shot out this black acid. 

The powers collided and the power from Ashton’s wand mixed in the dark cloud’s acid, wrapping around it.  He was fighting the powerful force of the darkness, and it was just too strong to compete with. 

“Here!”  I screamed.  “I’m here.”  I whispered.  “Come at me bro.” 

Then the darkness spun around and shot at I.  This is it…  This is the end.  The darkness flew right past me within seconds.  And in those seconds every memory I ever had came into thought.  My childhood, my family, my friends, Ashton.  The world seemed to be spinning in slow motion as the darkness slid past my.  This is it. 

Then the dark cloud vanished.
“Its a good the thing you showed up when you did,” said Ashton “I was a goner’.  That thing was pulling my wand.  And what was that you said back there?”

I started gasping for air.  The flashbacks were causing pain-pain I couldn’t handle. 

My throat was burning.

“Do you need some throat medication?”  Ashton whispered.  “Us wizards are good healers- ya’know.”

I rolled my eyes.  “Knock yourself out.”  I opened my mouth wide. 

He pulled out his wand.  A beautiful yellowish-gold wand.  He touched my mouth gently with the edges of his wand.  I felt this powder rush down my throat.  He pulled back and flipped his wand around.

“Next time.”  He nodded. 

“We fight for blood.”  I whispered. 

Then I walked outside the building.  People of different powers didn’t usually greet each other well; in fact, people of different powers usually greeted each other with death threats and all that crap. 

 It was raining even harder outside now.  I should go back and check on Merelda but I can’t see myself actually going down there.  I can’t see myself doing anything actually.  My hair was getting soaked but the rain felt good against my skin.   Then it stopped.  Someone who controls the element of water must be near. 

 

“ Whoa” I heard a voice say. “ I don’t get it, why aren’t my powers working?”  My eyes got big and I hid behind a bench.  

 “ Mine aren’t working either” Another said. “ He must be near and he’s going after Kandy next.” 

“Kandy should know she can read minds” Another voice said. “Not the darkness’s mind, he’s too powerful” The first voice said. 

I licked my lips and looked up.  Hybrids. 

“I just can’t believe he’s back.”  The second voice said.

“Me neither.”  The third voice said, looking straight at me.  “Look.”  The girl said.  “It looks like Aubrey Lauter.” 

I shot up and leaned on the bench.  Who was this chick and how did she know my name? 

“Hi, my names Cleah.” The girl with the long golden hair and deep brown eyes stuck out her and.  “Element controller.” 

“Which one?”  I asked.

“Earth.” 

“I’m Heather.”  A girl with short black hair and silver eyes held out her hand too.  “Dark psychic.”

“What’s the difference between a normal psychic and a dark psychic?”  I forced a smile.  Like I said- hybrid between a psychic and some other ridiculous power. 

“Normal ones see good visions, I only see the bad ones.”  Heather said politely. 

“I’m Lisa.”  The last girl with snow white hair and clear blue eyes held her hand out.  You know what she’s a mixture of.  “Element controller.”

“I overheard you guys talking about the darkness.”  I whispered.  “He’s back.”

“Actually we are talking about something different.”  Cleah shrugged.  “The Rhylon.”  She paused.  “Its just a simple story, actually.” 

 “Maybe Jordan can help us!”  Heather blurted out.

 “No! After he gave his soul us to the Rhylon who knows what evil and devious things they have him doing.”  Cleah sneered.

“Isn’t Rhylon just another name for darkness?”  I carefully asked. 

“Ashton!”  Lisa screamed and ran passed me to hug and kiss him.

Hybrids got all the cute guys.

“What’s going on?”  Ashton stood next to me.

I should of walked back to my dorm instead of outside of the school. 

“We’re just talking!”  Heather said innocently.  “Why, is there something better?”

“No.”  He said.

Then I felt socially awkward. 

I needed to get out of here.



© 2012 Dominic Davis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
Added on August 7, 2012
Last Updated on August 7, 2012
Tags: fantasy, book, scary, romantic, mystery, nice, cool, funny, horror, humor, girl, boy, fun, action, adventure