Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Dominic Davis
"

Figuring out this coma might have been more that just a 'coma'

"

The feast

It was a feast fit for the queen of England.  The freshmen feast.  It was held in a huge castle in the Villa of Casper.  Food was placed on a table that stretched forever.  There had to of been about 100 of them to fit all 600 people of the freshmen class.   They classed the freshmen by power. I sat in the center of the table surrounded by happy energetic freshmen. 

I didn’t want to make conversation with them.  I wanted to get in and get out.  The food looked amazing, but I didn’t want any of it.  All of it would make me throw up.  I didn’t need food right now.

“Do you need more, mistress Aubrey?”  One of the waitresses wearing an animal masks asked me. 

“I don’t, thank you.”  I looked down at my empty plate.

Then I heard the castle doors shut.  I looked up slowly.

A boy with a tux walked in.  I could already tell he was a hybrid.  He had beautiful brown skin with deep brown eyes and curly hair.  He wasn’t a freshman because I had seen his face before with the juniors, but I didn’t care.  He made me feel safe; just knowing he was near made me feel safe. 

He walked past me with the rest of his friends.  I stared back down at my plate.  My palms got sweaty, my under arms got sweaty, my nerves began tingling.  You know you like someone when even your brain is telling you to calm down, my your heart is telling you that its okay to feel this way.  I touched my lips and looked at the boy who was now at the end of the table.  He passed all the beautiful girls and went straight to the girl sitting at the end of the table. 

I focused on their conversation but I couldn’t hear anything.  The girl at the end didn’t seem familiar but she was obviously in my power class. 

“Bye Jordan.”  She whispered.  He kissed her lips and then walked out. 

She looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

“So Aubrey, I hear you and Carter are talking again.”  The person next to me took my attention.

I simply nodded, and then looked back at the girl at the end of the table.  She stood up straight and flipped her hair back.  I did just as she did.  The waved for more water and so did I.

“Emaria.”  Someone called her and she looked up.

My.Damn.Gosh.  She was beautiful.  Stunning.  I couldn’t compete with her!  Her hair was perfectly curly and brown, her eyes were light blue, her skin was tan, she was too perfect.

“Yes.”  She answered perfectly.

“What’s your power again?”  The same person asked her.

“Body snatcher.”  I smiled.  “It’s a difficult thing to control.”

Then everyone started talking about her.

Oh dark prophets, this is what you had planned for me. 

“And the Rhylon.”  Emaria said.

She finally caught my attention again.

“What about him.”  My voice cracked.  Everyone looked at me.  I think they were shocked I spoke.

“Nothing.”  She quickly said.  “I was just stating...”  I felt the fear in her voice.  “The Dark Lord I should call him, is that okay with you?”

“I don’t care.”  I shrugged.

She nodded carefully.

After the feast I went to my dorm and Googled the Rhylon.  Or the Dark Lord, as they call him.  Then an IM popped up on my screen.  I quickly declined it and took a deep breath.  Who ever Seria Amelia was- she could wait until morning.   My door slammed open.  It was Carter.

“You’re here.”  He whispered.  “Good.” 

Lisa and Heather followed him in, then they closed the door.

“What’s going on?”  I asked. 

“The darkness is back.”  Heather said blankly.  “And you’re going to send him away.”

“What are you talking about?”

“The darkness.  See what happened was we accidently summoned him before his time, making Daylight Savings time begin early.  Sorry about that.”  Lisa shrugged.

Her eyes were pitch black and so were Heathers.

“Fix it.”  Her voice turned deep.

“Okay, get out.”  I stood up.  “You can’t just come into my dorm like this!”

Lisa’s eyes turned back to normal and so did Heathers.

“You don’t understand, ‘rebel,’” She did air quotes.  “We summoned the darkness!”

“How?”  I crossed my arms.

“In the original Book of Legends there are stories that are locked, and those who read them summon something evil.  We read the wrong story.”

“Where did you find the original?”  Carter asked. 

“Consequenta High.”  Heather began to cry.  “We snuck in.”

“I was asking because the original was destroyed years ago in a fire at the school.”  Carter nodded his head.  “But good to know the rumors of a haunted school is true.” 

“So how am I supposed to stop it if the stories are locked.”

“The student edition should have some of the answers.” 

“Yeah, whatever.  I’m not going to do this crap.”  I bit my lip.  “I mean, I don’t even believe in this stuff of Legends.”

It was silent for a second.

“How do you not believe this stuff?”  Lisa asked calmly.  “I mean, why?” 

“Someone else knows you told.”  Carter whispered.  He looked up at Lisa.

“What we did last summer, someone knows what we did.”  Lisa looked around.  “Other than you Aubrey.” 

“Wait you did all this crap last summer?  Then why is it just happening now?” 

“Someone is here with us.  Demon man is here.”  Carter whispered.

 “You guys are not talking about the-” Heather paused and waited for my eyes to meet up with hers.

“Don’t say a word.”  Carter voiced calmed down.  “We said we would never bring it up again.  Ever.”

“Yeah, I’m all for it.”  I shrugged.  I didn’t know what they were talking about.

 “That’s one secret that has to come out and be put to rest.”  Heather whispered. 

“Not tonight it doesn’t.”  Lisa shut off the commuter and turned around.

“Call Ashton here now.”  Heather demanded. 

 “He’s going to be okay, right?”  I seemed more worried now.  I didn’t want him to get hurt.  “Wait what’s going on!  Why do we need him here!” 

“Yes of course and he will be here soon.”

“Soon as in never.” Carter said. 

“I know.”

“Want to repeat a prayer, from the Goddess to watch over us and stuff.”  I quickly said. 

“She should be here helping us.”  Lisa nodded in approval. 

“I know.”

“So, hell yeah we’re going to repeat a prayer.”  Carter said. 

“Okay.”  I took a deep breath

“Our Goddess of the Night Kaurta, we ask you to hear our pleas and help us please.  We need your help, your needed, we are calling.  They are revolting again and we need to descend its time to be put to rest all of us be put to the test.  Its time to let the secrets out and come clean about.  Casper held up good and strong but now its time to destroy it all.”  I repeated the words quickly with my eyes closed.

“Amen.”  Lisa smiled.

Did they know what I just prayed for?  I just prayed for our world to be destroyed.  Hopefully she will take me down with her.  Once you pray to a Goddess, your wish is their command.

Lightning struck.  Light began to swirl around in a circle until it formed a figure.  The wind began to howl.  What the hell did I just do?

The figure became flesh. 

 It was Kaurta.  I have never seen a Goddess before, ever.  Her long flowing blue hair and her crystal clear eyes, she was flawless.  She was dressed in all black and had tattoos all over herself.

“How dare you say that I haven’t been helping my people.  Why don’t you call Harmony and blame this nonsense on her!”  Her voice was deep, like she was possessed.  The wind continued to howl around her.

“We were just saying-” Heather tried to speak but she was interrupted.   

“No, you were just saying s**t.  I think that you should approach me in a different manor!”  She screamed.

I just stood still. 

“I’m sorry oh Goddess, but please.  Help us.”  Heather broke down in tears.

“I’ll show you.”  She whispered then looked at me.  “I will show you.” 

Kaurta disappeared leaving the sent of night crystals in the air..

“So what are you going to do.”  Heather looked at me. 

I shrugged.

There was a knock on the door.

“That must be Ashton.”

“What took him so long?”

“I have no idea!”  Lisa opened the door. 

Ashton walked in, covered with blood.

“What the hell happened!”  I screamed.  “Don’t get that blood on my floor.”

“I found your friend Cleah-”  He coughed. 

“Great, where is she?”  Lisa asked.

“You never let me finish, I found your friend, Cleah’s body.”

“Oh my Lord.”  Heather cried some more.  They were all so annoying. 

“Outside, under the tree, someone dug up the whole where James body was and Cleah was in there.  I cried so long, I must of got some of her blood on me when I was holding her.”

“Who’s James?”  I asked.

Ashton paused and looked at me.

“Did you tell her about last summer?”  He whispered carefully.

“Most of it.”  Carter bit his nails.  “Where’s Jordan?”

I felt my heart skip a beat. 

 “Sleeping with the rest of the guys.  Not like that.”  Ashton smiled. 

“Jordan who?”  I asked.

“Mandakin.”  Ashton said.  “He’s a junior.” 

“So what are we going to do.”  Heather finally said something.

“Take your drama out of my room.”  I demanded.  “Leave me alone.” 

It was silent for a second. 

Everybody slowly made their way out of my room.

I just took a deep breath. 

Six hours, three lightning storms, five coffees, and two books later, at Two-Thirty in the morning I was probably only one awake.  I couldn’t go back to sleep for the same reason I couldn’t go back to sleep last night, nightmares.  Maybe I should be worried about other things too, like humans.  Word on the street is that they broke down our Gates with their petty human technology and crap.  According to the legends, during the time of Daylight Savings the humans are allowed join the dark forces and destroy Casper too. 

 This is normally when they attack, and with no gate protecting us.  Who knows what kind of crazy insane humans are already lurking into the Casper World.  Not like they would make it, Casper’s atmosphere is toxic to human body, which only can only result in one thing, death.  But that’s only if our Goddess senses danger and stuff, which she should.  But no worries, that atmospheric mode is probably on.  But then again, Kaurta controls that mode, and she doesn’t give a damn what happens to us, probably.  I shifted my position in my bed.   The last thing I needed were a bunch of crazy teenagers coming to my dorm complaining about crap.  I stared at my ceiling and closed my eyes.

In that amount of wasted time I could of responded to Seria Amelia. 

I bit my lip and shot my eyes open again.

Last time I checked Seria Amelia was my grandmother.  Dangit. 



© 2012 Dominic Davis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on August 7, 2012
Last Updated on August 7, 2012
Tags: fantasy, book, scary, romantic, mystery, nice, cool, funny, horror, humor, girl, boy, fun, action, adventure