The road of life

The road of life

A Poem by XIBerSerkErIX
"

I hope you enjoy

"

The mountain road that is our life has always been a dangerous, winding path. With each day passed we test our skills and tredge onwards. Everytime i slip and stumble you are there to grab my hand and pull me back up. We move onwards, in the cold, violent wind, we move onwards. As we near the summit, we realize that our biggest test is close. You stare into my eyes and the mirror of my soul tells you that I am ready. You move forwards as do I. This time that i slip, I am on my own. I have grown far too much in this quest of ours. I fight and i struggle, refusing to give in, and after a short while, i'm moving again. We reach the summit, and rejoice with our love. Until we look onwards, squinting hard to see, icy winds are blowing and making opening our eyes a chore. The next mountain looms very close near by. We look at eachother again, and head out for our next conquest.

© 2011 XIBerSerkErIX


Author's Note

XIBerSerkErIX
Any comments on how i may improve my now just starting poetry adventure would be greatly appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i think it fine but that me i like it real what life look like in a poetry way.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 23, 2011
Last Updated on July 23, 2011

Author

XIBerSerkErIX
XIBerSerkErIX

Valhalla, ME



About
I'm a 17 year old from maine. I just recently decided to try my hand at some short story writings. Hoping to get some useful feedback to improve on. Thank you all very much. ** UPDATE** I am now 2.. more..

Writing