One more time

One more time

A Chapter by Izzyfiredragon

The Lady (with a capital letter, as She often pointed out) pushed the metal, heavyweight door that guarded the space between dimensions into The-Man-Who-Invented-Computers office, if it could be called as such. It was a massive space squished into a room so small a toilet cubeicul was a palace in comparison. This transdimension flex could disorientate the unwary. It contained thoundands of computer terminals (like I said, disorientating) linked with only duct tape and wires. In the centre, there stood a desk, covered in the kind of coffee stains you get on pretty much every desk in the known universe, even if not one mug has been placed on it.

At this desk, there sat a man. Even in the dim, clastripohbic light you could see his finger moving at perhaps not the speed of light, but close enough.
Instinktevly, he snapped out "Don't touch!"
"Touch what?" she murmed.
"Anything." He turned, or more like swivelled. Piecing blue eyes met her gaze from under square glasses. He sat in a wheelchair, but he was probably rather tall with out it. Blond hair covered his small head. "I surpose you met the mortal?"
"Yeah, but he was a weird one. Survived Malificent poisoning. I think he might be...." she cut off her sentence.

He turned back to his work, and wrote something down. He sighed, resting his head on the back of the chair. Above his head, timer counted down.
"Why is it like this? Power corupstts, life kills, They all die."
"You tell me... you tell me" She muttered. " We can't just kill him. He has a family, y' know. I got Past to check the Archives. I'm sick of killing people who do nothing wrong."
"Do we have a choice? You're the protecter of all this. I just made it. It's your choice."
"Don't lie" She absentmindedly twisted the sword on Her hip in its sheath. The edge-stone in its hilt flashed. "I know how much you miss 2nd Earth."

He grunted. Though the flick of light on his glasses she thought she saw tears in his eyes.
"Sorry.... that was tactless" She said quietly.
"Just leave me alone, ok? I have something to do anyway."
Something snapped inside Her.
"MAN-WHO-BLOODY-INVENTED-BLOODY-COMPUTERS, IF YOU ARE THINKING OF STARTING THE 4TH EARTH PROJECT AGAIN I WILL KILL YOU!" She roared. He said nothing. He knew She only said his name when She was upset.

She took his hand. "Please, I've lost you once. I don't want to lose you again." Her voice shook. "Please, just live a little longer, okay?"
"Okay"
"Promise?"
"I promise"

The most powerful woman in the world cried.

And it rained that day.



© 2016 Izzyfiredragon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on December 13, 2016
Last Updated on December 14, 2016
Tags: We are Immortals, saddness, I hate tags


Author

Izzyfiredragon
Izzyfiredragon

London, London, United Kingdom



About
Derpey fangirl obsessed w/ discworld and voltron more..

Writing