You....You THEIF!!!

You....You THEIF!!!

A Poem by Rose Masen
"

For an interesting group of people....

"
Steal my work, I won't fight you back,
Lacking experience and raw emotion is where you lack.

Your originality is clearly weak,
Words leave your lips that were not yours to speak.

Your writing is bland so you steal from another,
Thing's you've never felt, experiences you've never had; it's all a cover.

As a friend once said with such poise,
"They can copy my words, but they can't have my voice!"

You take from me what you don't possess,
Lying, deceitful, OH, so devious.

You sneak around and endeavor to befriend me,
All the while picking through my writes, uncredited goes my Psyche.

Your mind is blank, your eyes cannot see,
You'll never have another piece of poetry without me.

You claim my life as your own,
Steal my thunder, my feelings all because you're alone.

You've obviously no talent, so anothers you submit,
I'm angry, but to you, I give it as my gift.

So on with the lies and on with the theft,
Your response falls upon the ears of the deaf.

© 2011 Rose Masen


Author's Note

Rose Masen
Please. If someone is brave enough to steal my work; be brave enough to feel the belittlement in this poem. This is for all writers; not just myself, who've experience this in some type of form or another.

If not, reviews please. :)

SN: I don't know if you can see the genre I chose for this piece... if not, I put it under "Nonsense". Because surely the actions of stealing another's work IS PURELY NONSENSE!

The quote used in this poem is being credited to my dear friend (Devalle, E., 2011, Writers Cafe). He let me borrow it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A clever piece that I can relate too. You cleverly turned the nonsense of people copying other peoples work into a powerful work of art. I don't understand people like that who waste their own time and other people's time pretending to be something they are not. When poetry is the art and expression of the soul. And a personal art that comes from within.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like this. Good job. I wasn't expecting it to be what it was actually! :) Very well written

Posted 13 Years Ago


A clever piece that I can relate too. You cleverly turned the nonsense of people copying other peoples work into a powerful work of art. I don't understand people like that who waste their own time and other people's time pretending to be something they are not. When poetry is the art and expression of the soul. And a personal art that comes from within.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is the exact reason why copyright acts are in place. You can do a DMCA take down notice to those who steal your work. By law anything you create that is original, and placed on the internet belongs to you. You can stop them from stealing from you. Who has been stealing your works by the way? Great poem though.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Every writers greatest fear.... Our words are so precious and unique, so it would hurt to have some1 take it for their own. we writers put in way to much work to have some steal our heart and minds.

Posted 13 Years Ago


great message. surely we have lived enough to have our own experiences and style, If not, time to give it up! The anger pours through. good message

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
A
Original idea for a poem, one should never steal somebody's else work
it's very unprofessional and not sincere, I understand how you feel
great piece, well-written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really terrific writing, and it's a shame that the thieves of the world that really need to read it probably never will. They will learn no lesson and don't care. They are nothing but attention w****s needing the attention but unable to get it on their own talents, or lack thereof. Although the thieves out there won't appreciate this poem, those of us that struggle to create find it brilliant. Beautifully done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Read the author's note, I got a bit of my work copies on here earlier, frustrating isn't it!
This poem was great, I think I'll read request the person who was stealing my work this one :) A hard hitting write! But a truth.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow i know exactly how you feel!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

No one should ever steel anyones work. It just shows that they dont have their own voicew and they cant express themselves through poetry. Just plain old stupid people who copy peoples work.
Im with you on this one :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

411 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 24, 2011
Last Updated on February 24, 2011
Tags: Fake, Theif, Plagiarism, Stolen

Author

Rose Masen
Rose Masen

Somewhere around here, FL



About
I bury my inadequacies in my writing, and resurrect my confidence with my finished pieces. -Rose. more..

Writing
Alone Alone

A Poem by Rose Masen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


fleeting fleeting

A Poem by jkhatz