Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

A Story by J.A. Marquez

"His name is Alexander."

Amber orbs were fixed on my face, too large for the dark curly haired head. He was passed around the room to be cradled, and fawned over. Pride in what I had created pinked the apples of my cheeks. At my flank his father bragged about the striking similarities between himself and his newborn son. This was undoubtedly his child. Then the boy was returned to me, now a bouncing toddler. Chubby arms gripped my neck, forcing my kisses onto his satin head and the curves of his ears. There was no question, not even a single doubt, that this was the same precious baby. He released me, and I saw in his face the mischief of a boy, much older than before. He was growing before my eyes, passing years in mere moments. Our guests were ignorant to the uncanny change taking place. Gay chatter rang about the room, loud, yet indiscernable. The only truth that was certain to me, was that this child was my own. Alexander trotted about the cramped space, blissfully unconcerned.

Awareness and recognition ripped me from my body, so that I was watching the scene from above. Two attractive teens bantered, while the unwatched child skipped over the tightly woven rug. The girl - she was me - was glowing with unspoken joy. The boy was my lover, beaming with paternal dignity. The child was - no - what child?

I was startled awake with a gasp of revelation. The blankets fell aside, as I sat up in the heap of pillows on the full sized bed. The nervous palpitations were worsened by the blast of cold air from the window unit. Roses beat against the panes in the spring breeze, a gentle wake up call on a far from ordinary morning. My hand subconciously drifted to the warmth at the base of my belly. The fibers were taught, pulsing with extra blood. Deep within the protection of my womb, something tingled with life.

Drawn back into days passed, his low moans played over in my head like a broken record. An apparition of remembered pleasures warmed my inner thighs. My mind froze on the liberation of lust - his codes mixing with mine - a burst of ecstacy.

Intelligent thought drained in a whirlpool of panic. There was no erasing what had been done. Stunned by my own naivete, a haze settled over me. In an extended, fluid movement my back sank into the cotton mound, and my head was swallowed by plush fabric. Sweet flora blew into the room, and I wondered if I was still dreaming.

A cocoon of comfort braced my body, that had served as a chamber for metamorphosis. Among the cool sheets was where childhood escaped me, in the rhythmic and sweaty rolls of my hips. Pressed against the overstuffed pillows was where inhibitions were set aside, replaced with breathless desire.

When my eyes had fallen shut to the rising moon, I was nothing more than the larva of a woman, growing slow and steady as I should. In my slumber I had been transformed, awakened and made anew. I emerged from my pupa shell, a far cry from the aloof child that was quickly fading into the past. The change was clear within and without. Radiance emanated from my being like that of the sun, and sweet pheromones wafted from me in a tantalizing parfume. I did not recognize this woman, but more daunting still - I knew that the conversion was far from complete.

© 2015 J.A. Marquez


Author's Note

J.A. Marquez
This is based on fact, however I adjusted some details to make it more interesting. Criticisms are welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have a very particular way with words that is very easy to appreciate and draws the reader along very closely. I really enjoyed this. Thank you!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great story telling and very descriptive. One thing that puzzle me tho is I got confused a little toward the end. (No disrespect to you or your craft)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

J.A. Marquez

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading! I can see how the end could 've been confusing. This is a sort of poetic rete.. read more
"pharamones " perhaps you meant pheromones?

A nice and flowing piece.

Posted 8 Years Ago


J.A. Marquez

8 Years Ago

Haha, thank you! I thought it looked wrong. I don't have spell check on my phone. Usually I check a .. read more
A beautiful transformation...a beautiful write and the ending left me wanting to learn more...thank you for sharing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love the story...curious which details are true and not lol ... I liked it my friend good job :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yet another lovely write,
and another 100# rate. Absolutely love the way you describe everything. Just amazing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

J.A. Marquez

8 Years Ago

You are so kind! Thank you for reading this one. :)
Dani The Unreviewed

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

464 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 6, 2015
Last Updated on August 30, 2015
Tags: dreams, love, child, mother, fear, confusion, transformation

Author

J.A. Marquez
J.A. Marquez

South Lake Tahoe, CA



About
If you want to know who I am, read my stories. Many are works in progress, and many are just a few sentences, but each one is a piece of my soul. more..

Writing
Unbroken Unbroken

A Story by J.A. Marquez



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


from then to now from then to now

A Poem by dan


in our time in our time

A Poem by dan