And  So, She Dances

And So, She Dances

A Poem by JC

She twirls, the skirt swirls and flows all around
Round and around she turns, delighted in the skirt
that seems to float on its own
 
Organza and the color of lilac
Little Ballerina's laughter bubbles over
looking at the pattern, it makes on the ground
 
She dances, and she leaps
the skirt falls down to bare feet
like a feather in the wind, soft and slow
 
The skirt swirls as she twirls
Somewhere, music is playing, that only she hears
and so, she dances

© 2008 JC


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dear JC,

A very tender, endearing poem. You can actually see the delightful, innocent girl lost in the wonderment of the music and her beautiful outfit. You paint this very well. High marks.

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this write it's very sweet very well written.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very tender and gentel simple poem, I love it :)... its about you? your girl ?
Thanks for reading my poetry ... Yossi

Posted 15 Years Ago


I loved this - don't we all dance to music that only we hear? Isn't that what makes the world go round? It puts me in mind of those times when I've got a song stuck in my head - it plays within my mind continually - and puts a spring in my step that I'm sure others wonder about (especially when I'm at work lol). Your descriptions of the dance here has me wishing for a flowing skirt and ballet slippers this morning :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ahh...a child's abandonment to the simple things of life without a care! I wish! I wish I were there!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is so nice... I love the feel of someone just getting lost in their own world, sometimes we need to in order to keep reality in line.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I just love this. It reminds me of when my daughters were in dance class! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, I love this! This poem, if you will, represents me. I see myself as this ballerina who has just learned to twirl and dance. "Music is playing, that only she hears and so, she dances" I am dancing . This is my favorite poem !! I am adding this one to my favorite. Thank you!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am so moved by the tranquil beauty that marks this evocative poem of yours. The imagery is so indelible, it's etched in the memory from start to finish of reading through the work. The serene delicacy of the words are so beautifully captured in tone and style.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

471 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 22, 2008
Last Updated on June 25, 2008

Author

JC
JC

Fort Worth, TX



About
I am 40+ year old native of Fargo, North Dakota, (yes I said Fargo.). I've journaled, blogged and written poetry my entire adult life, and now I am starting to write a novel, which if published, will .. more..

Writing
Looking For Clues Looking For Clues

A Story by JC



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..