Buyer's Remorse

Buyer's Remorse

A Story by JC
"

notes on the trillion dollar deficit

"

The United States is now a trillion dollars in debt. IN DEBT!

 

Our cash cow lenders, China and Saudi Arabia, are getting nervous about their investments, as they should be, as we all should be.

 

We still haven't had the full amount of the "stimulus" put into play and to add insult to injury, our elected officials are looking for another trillion for health care.

 

How is congress going to pay for a health care package? They want to tax those who have a corporate "top of the line" sponsored health care benefits for starters.

 

They also want to raise taxes on those making over quarter mill a year.  Given the cost of living, $250,000 really isn't that much if you live in San Francisco, New York, Miami or DC.

 

How many Americans still think our taxes are not going up? I can undoubtedly state and guarantee that the middle class will be seeing a tax hike. It is impossible for there not to be one.

 

Stimulus rebates? Kiss them goodbye, we can't afford them.

 

Meanwhile, the Cap and Trade is alive and well. Designed to help us get off foreign oil, this smaller oinker, has billions to help the coal industry develop cleaner energy and a stipend for the farmers.

 

 

Cleaner energy is a wonderful thing, but again, money down the drain.  If the US is the only one developing cleaner energy, what good will it do against China and India, who have little to none in regards to pollution regulation. We need to get off finite resources and put our efforts into those endeavors that are self reproducing, if we are truly serious about getting off foreign oil. In the mean time, Americans will pay for higher energy costs for this little bit of legislation.

 

We can find peace of mind, however, that although the White House underestimated the severity and pace of the recession, the stimulus package has done its job.

 

 

Anyone having buyer's remorse?

© 2009 JC


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

And of course ... it's all about the money ... or shall we say ... the love of money. I agree, screw those people who are uninsured. Why worry about it until it affects us. And we don't have to worry about the environment, those global warming freaks are all on acid. It's just a coincidence that weather patterns all over are changing drastically and the solar cap is melting at least twice as fast as the global warming freaks predicted.

That damned Obama jumped into the drivers seat of an economy going 70mph towards the cliff ... It's not Bush's fault ... he's not driving any more.

Michelle Bachman? Is that you?

If Obama walked on water you'd say "SEE! He can't SWIM!!"

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Banks get bail outs, then don't want to hurry foreclosure help along, as they love the fees they collect on mortgages going into foreclosure. The longer they can draw it out, the happier they are! And all these bail out executives will STILL get their big fat bonuses! The only thing the stimulus money is stimulating is the rich men's wallets! Please read my two poems, The Senate, Government, et al and The Poor Adult Rat Race, which people tell me, I should make into a rap song! Barbara

Posted 14 Years Ago


A very topical piece from JC (as I have come to expect)! The writer has not wasted any words here, or digressed from her main subject. Furthermore, she has covered the main issues very well, in such a relatively short piece of writing.

Your use of the word "pace" is not that good, but it is clear what the writer means in this sentence. Instead, I would recommend that you change it to either "duration" or "length". The word "pace" does not necessarily suggest, either a short or long period of time. Surely, the writer intended to imply that the length of this recession had been underestimated? In contrast, "pace" is a reference to speed i.e. fast or slow, but NOT duration or length of time. Apologies for being so pedantic, but I'm sure that the writer will appreciate what I mean!

She raises pertinent questions, at kep points in this piece of writing. This is helpful, because it encourages the reader to think for him/herself. In structure, proper paragraphs should have been used more often. However, I am sure that the writer probably realised this, shortly after completing it. Indeed, the writer is more keen to express her concern at the financial crisis which is wrecking the American economy. Rather more important, than the format of what has been written! What do the rest of you think, my fellow readers?

Yet another great contribution to my Group, "Twilight's Discples", from JC! Obviously, a true American, and not afraid to speak her mind!

Posted 14 Years Ago


It is all about the money, which is rapidly losing its value. China hates us for all the US currency that it hoarded and bought at higher than far rates to become an economic super power. I has achieved that status to the point that they now own us. They know also know that they were our economic prisioner because of this. They cannot sell off our currency at a mass rate bcause the US economy will fall even further and that will very adversely affect them. We are now their economic prisioner. They have turned to investing large amounts into gold. Soon they will not need our dollar. We will miserably fail in the economic market. They own almost as much gold as Switzerland. They set out to be a power to be reckoned with and they now are. We have handed everything to them on a silver platter. Our money, our jobs, our future freedoms. Stimulus? What is there to stimulate? Our economy is gone. They are now trying to force feed a dead horse.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This was most enlightening. Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It is hard to believe that we got out of debt under Bill Clinton and now under mister Bush we went right back under and it is still spilling over and now as you say a trillion dollars in debt. So i America can't pay it's bills how does the government expect it's citizens to do so.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

No.

Thankfully we are now focusing upon real problems and not imaginary ones.



Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

And of course ... it's all about the money ... or shall we say ... the love of money. I agree, screw those people who are uninsured. Why worry about it until it affects us. And we don't have to worry about the environment, those global warming freaks are all on acid. It's just a coincidence that weather patterns all over are changing drastically and the solar cap is melting at least twice as fast as the global warming freaks predicted.

That damned Obama jumped into the drivers seat of an economy going 70mph towards the cliff ... It's not Bush's fault ... he's not driving any more.

Michelle Bachman? Is that you?

If Obama walked on water you'd say "SEE! He can't SWIM!!"

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

397 Views
7 Reviews
Added on July 14, 2009
Last Updated on July 14, 2009

Author

JC
JC

Fort Worth, TX



About
I am 40+ year old native of Fargo, North Dakota, (yes I said Fargo.). I've journaled, blogged and written poetry my entire adult life, and now I am starting to write a novel, which if published, will .. more..

Writing
Looking For Clues Looking For Clues

A Story by JC