A Revealing Love

A Revealing Love

A Chapter by J. F. Charleston

Jacob rode beside Lauren in the fields. They bounced together side by side in the stirrup high grass.

"I'm sorry I haven't called or seen you in a week." Jacob said looking at Lauren.

"Why haven't you?" She asked curiously.

"I was in West Texas visiting my grandmother in the hospital. My family got a call early last Saturday."

"Oh. I'm so sorry. Is she doing ok?"

"Yes. She's improving. Thank God for that." Jacob smiled at Lauren. "What have you been up to?"

 

"Well, I start teaching soon." Lauren said trying to get a little grin on her face. On Monday, she applied for a teaching career at the school district. There was a few spots open at a few schools around the county.

"That's great. You'll make a difference." Jacob told her.

"I don't know about that..."

"...Yes you will. You'll have students that will adore you like I do."

"Thanks... I missed you."

"I missed you every hour I was away."

"I did every minute I thought of you."

 

Her eyes grew shiny as tears of joy began to form underneath them. Jacob gazed at the beauty next to him. Her eyes the color of John Deere Green and her smile wide as the Rio Grande. A feeling in both of them spurred deep and true inside both of their hearts.

 

Lauren felt heart beat faster as her eyes met with his deep, blue Topaz ones. His dimples were so cute. She started riding again and Jacob sat there on his horse still starring at her. Her hair bouncing up and down, Jacob started to follow her.

 

She rode down to a clearing next to a creek that was as green as Lauren's eyes. She dismounted and let the black horse graze on the bright grass lineing the banks. Jacob followed her lead and walked over to her. He put his hands on her hips and pulled her closer to him. They rested their heads on the other's and the ends of their noses touched.

 

"Do you love me?" Lauren asked opening her eyes to see his face. She really was becoming nervous about Jacob's feelings toward her. His eyes opened and he pressed his lips againts Lauren's. When he gently removed his, he said: "I'll love you till I die." She looked into his eyes. They weren't lieing and neither was this cowboy of hers.

"I'll love you until the end of time." Lauren said pulling him closer to her.



© 2012 J. F. Charleston


Author's Note

J. F. Charleston
Please give any feedback.
Pic not by me

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It was short, but I liked it. There could be tensity between the couple, but off hand I'm not sure how to create it. I know that wasn't helpful at all! However, I love how sweet your romance stories are. I've not had a relationship that was anything like your stories, but that's why I read them (right? lol).

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was really cute! Since you asked for feedback... the only thing that caught my eye were these two lines:

"I love you till I die." and "I love you until the end of time." I would personally change the 'I' to 'I'll' in both. :) But it's not necessary or anything. Nice!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

J. F. Charleston

11 Years Ago

Thanks. I'm gonna think about that. Sounds like a good change.
Really nice, I wouldn't say the length of the story is a problem, it's great nonetheless :)

The only thing that confused me was the 'her eyes met with his deep, blue emeralds.' bit.
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I've always associated emeralds with the colour green.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anubis

11 Years Ago

Really? Haha, I've always thought of green whenever I picture them. Old memories of cartoons I think.. read more
J. F. Charleston

11 Years Ago

Yeah, I guess so. I wanted to compare the eyes to a different jewel besides a Saphire.
Anubis

11 Years Ago

Yeah, that's certainly understandable. I'd be rich If a had a penny for every time I've seen the com.. read more
It was short, but I liked it. There could be tensity between the couple, but off hand I'm not sure how to create it. I know that wasn't helpful at all! However, I love how sweet your romance stories are. I've not had a relationship that was anything like your stories, but that's why I read them (right? lol).

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2012
Last Updated on August 11, 2012


Author

J. F. Charleston
J. F. Charleston

TX



About
"Write from the brain and heart. Join them to create one great piece of writing." J.F. Charleston. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..