Writer's Block (Part Two)

Writer's Block (Part Two)

A Story by Justin Guidroz
"

The mysterious driver is revealed and T.J. gets a phone call from his lovely girlfriend, Carolyn.

"

Previously, on Writer’s Block

 

Our hero, T.J. Buras, hits a snag in writing his new novel, the infamous infection present in all writers (except Stephen King) known as ‘Writer’s Block’. T.J. decides to get out of his home, hoping a walk will clear his head. Once outside, he barely escapes death by falling tree, cut down haphazardly by his crazy drunk neighbor Carl. Then, a fast sports car speeds down the street, and a voice from inside commanded T.J. to get into his car, which he absent-mindedly does. Who is this mysterious driver, and why does he want T.J.?

 

The Story Continues…

 

Writer’s Block

(Part Two)

 

Justin Guidroz

 

 

A loud screeching sound, the burning of rubber against the road caused T.J. to turn abruptly. A small, sleek black sports car was speeding down the street. The engine revved loudly, and the car sped in T.J.’s direction. Are you kidding? He crouched and prepared to be ready to roll as to dodge the mad driver, willing to risk rolling into Carl’s excrement for a chance to live, when the car stopped suddenly in front of the house. T.J. stood up, feeling ridiculous, and slowly approached the car. The passenger door flung open wildly, and a loud, commanding voice yelled, “T.J. Buras, get in the car ASAP, chop chop!” T.J. unconsciously obeyed, and climbed into the car which then sped down the road.

T.J. looked to his left and saw who he expected was behind the wheel. Austin Hall, one of T.J.’s childhood friends, sped past an old lady doing sixty in a fifty-five mile an hour zone. Big and muscular, Austin became a special Co-Ops marine at sixteen, a general at nineteen, and his very own division by the age of twenty-one. His neck veins pulsated as he swerved all over the road. His head was block-shaped, the haircut completing the block mold. When they were growing up, T.J. had the sneaking suspicion that his friend was pumped up with more testosterone then an offensive line when, at the age of fourteen, he fought and defeated a whole group of young men who looked at his teacher, Ms. Kelly, now Mrs. Hall, the wrong way. Long story short, their bodies were found on the roof of the school, twisted into tight human knots.

“How you doin’ today buddy?” Austin asked.

“Not so well. Almost got killed about a minute ago, and going for two right now,” T.J. responded as he watched the yellow lines in the middle of the street form one solid line leading to his immediate death.

“No man, I got it under control,” Austin yelled. He always yelled, he didn’t have an ‘inside voice’.

“Sure seems like it,” T.J. replied feebly as he held on for his life as they narrowly avoided an oncoming eighteen wheeler.

“So how’s Carolyn?”

“I don’t know, I haven’t talked to her today.”

“How are you two lovebirds doing?”

“We’re not sharing the same nest.”

Music blasted from T.J.’s pocket, and he pulled out his cell phone. He held it up and showed it to Austin, waving it slightly. “Speaking of the devil,” he playfully said, and Austin laughed way too loud for such a lame joke. T.J. flipped open his phone, “Hello dear.”

“Hello, Darling,” Carolyn said shrewdly, her ‘darling’ veiled in sarcasm, “Where are you?”

“In the car with Austin.”

“There’s a tree in front of your door, you should clean that up.”

“Yes dear.”

“I see you haven’t written anything new.”

“Nope.”

“Damnit T.J., you need to buckle down and do some work, instead of running off with dreamy Austin...” Her voice trailed off.

After a slight pause, T.J. said, “Carolyn?”

“What?” She snapped back, apparently back from her fantasy land with Austin.

“I’m kinda busy.”

“Oh, sure, of course you are. Going to get new placemats?”

“Ugh, Carolyn, the placemats are fine!”

“No. They. Are. NOT. They are Lime Green! They look like vomit! Who eats food on vomit-colored mats?”

“You don’t even live there!”

“Best decision I’ve ever made,” she said smugly.

“Bye, Carolyn,” he gritted between his teeth as he snapped his phone closed and let out a disgusted grown.

Austin chuckled, “Y’all are doing that good huh?”

“Oh shut up. So why did you pick me up?” T.J. inquired.

 “I need your help, we have a situation at the Wal-Mart downtown. A riot.”

There was a slight pause. “And I was your first choice as partner?” T.J. asked, slightly bamboozled.

“Yeah man! You’re my man hombre! Get pumped up man! Woo!” Austin yelled, causing the whole car to shake, almost making it fall apart.

“Last time I ‘helped’ you, I ended up hanging from a flag pole.”

            “Well, this time it’s different. This time,” Austin inhaled deeply, “we’re dealing with zombies.”

TO BE CONTINUED…

 

© 2008 Justin Guidroz


Author's Note

Justin Guidroz
Please read Part One, and I'm sorry Arla, I'm just mean ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

WOWZERS!!! yeah I said it. and no hard feelings. i love it, but yet again you leave off when the story was getting good. so not right. u keep this up and I'm going to turn into the hulk on you... lol come on, get on with it.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
1 Review
Added on November 16, 2008
Last Updated on November 16, 2008

Author

Justin Guidroz
Justin Guidroz

St. Bernard, LA



About
Hi, my name is Justin Guidroz. I've sort of disappeared lately, haven't submitted much to the site. Life is just in an up most turmoil right now, and I'm fixing that which needs to be fixed. I have be.. more..

Writing