The Kill Game - Jim's 1st entry

The Kill Game - Jim's 1st entry

A Story by John J. Stevens
"

This is a story about 2 serial killers competing in a copycat contest. It's told from the perspective of each killer doing their own journal entries. I will make 1 entry for each per week.

"

I am a killer.  Plain and simple.  I can’t even remember my own real name.  I’ve been many places, and killed many people…  because I like it.  There have been times I made money killing as a hitman, or mercenary, but it’s always for pleasure.  Usually, my basic rules to not getting caught are to leave minimal evidence (none is almost impossible), and to have no ties of any kind to my victims which I call “subjects”.  Keeping this journal is a new and exciting thing to me, as are the challenges that go with it.  Money is no object considering I take it from those I kill.  I guess you could say it’s a kind of “payment” for my services.  Killing is my business, my hobby, and my obsession.

That being said, I recently had an encounter with another killer recently in the Midwest USA.  It was weird at first trying to feel each other out without giving anything away, but we both knew the other was a killer.  I told him my name was Jim, and he said his name was Dave which I’m sure was about as real as the name I gave him.  In any case, the ID I have been using says James Kell so for my purposes here in this journal, that will do.  After a few drinks, Dave and I shared a few stories about our kills and experiences.  I had never felt so empowered before than when I was talking about the deaths I’ve caused.  It made me realize that there was even more fun in not just doing the actual killing, but also in sharing the story with other killers.  From there, the game was born.  It was Dave who said it first, but we were both thinking of it…  He suggested that we have a killing contest starting from that moment, but we would have to keep a journal of our adventures.  This was all kinda new to me as a person who rarely leaves any traceable evidence, or keep any records, but telling about the kills had me intrigued as well as thrilled.  From there, I suggested some guidelines for our game to make it interesting and competitive.  We exchanged some contact info, and parted ways.  Over the next couple days, I thought about how incriminating it could be to keep a journal and how stupid of an idea this really was.  The problem is, I liked it too much and those thoughts were soon pushed away by the thrill of the game we hadn’t even started yet. 

I got a call from Dave asking to meet in Pennsylvania at a place he “inherited” from one of his what I like to call “study subjects”.  I went to the place, which was in the middle of nowhere and had a huge underground shelter built under it.  We needed a place to gather our trophies, and keep our records and this was perfect.  Kind of a killer HQ.  The place was well furnished and there were no nearby neighbors for about 25 miles.  I won’t give any more details about the place here in my journal for obvious reasons.  After discussing some basic ground rules for the game, such as:  never acting at the same time in the same city; making sure our subjects were not related in any way; no sexual assault; etc... we decided to make it a little more interesting.  The decision was to make it a copycat game where we both pick our subjects based on murders from famous killings.  Whether it was a serial killer, or a one timer, our victims had to have something in common with a famous murder.  Either the murder itself, or the victim’s name or situation had to have some kind of reference or relation.  In addition to that and the journal, we also agreed to take a trophy from each of our subjects to be displayed at our meeting place.  The trophy we picked is a pointer fingertip figuring that size and the ability to get rid of them quickly would be an asset.  What contest would be worth winning without a prize though?...  none.  So we also both put up $5 million US making the winner of the game entitled to $10 million.  It’s really not the money for me, but still a little motivation never hurt.  Dave and I agreed to keep in contact once a month, or if we had a subject. 

I have so many ideas on how I want to start my side of the game, but I decided on something very special for my first strike.  It’s going to be epic!  It will take careful planning though, because I have to travel overseas to London to make my start.  This poses the problem of how to make sure my trophies get back to the US… but I have an idea about that.  I never realized how exciting something like this could be before now.  I will win that money… I will have the most and best trophies and the stories to go with them.  All at the same time as paying a little tribute to those killers who conquered before me.  -Jim Kell

© 2016 John J. Stevens


Author's Note

John J. Stevens
I will add a "journal entry" for each character once per week.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on July 6, 2016
Last Updated on July 6, 2016
Tags: kill, death, killer, serial, serial killer, murder, murders, murderer, murderers, crime, horror, kill journal, contest, trophy, trophies, records, journal, diary

Author

John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens

Ronkonkoma, NY



About
I mostly like to write fiction/fantasy stuff, but will occasionally branch out into other genres. I created this page to share some short stories, and to post previews of my serial novel & other book.. more..

Writing