The Kill Game - Dave's 1st entry

The Kill Game - Dave's 1st entry

A Story by John J. Stevens
"

Story of 2 serial killers competing in a copycat contest told as journal entries from each character.

"

Whoever is reading this, know that I consider myself a very sick man.  My name is Dave Jordan, and I like killing people.  I had a rough time growing up…  I won’t get into all the details here.  Let’s just say any parent figures I may have had were all abusive terrible people.  I killed my first person when I was 13 years old… I hated my father anyway.  Since then, I travel around on money stolen from my victims and randomly choose people to kill based on whatever criteria I decide at that moment.  It’s actually amazing that I have never even come close to getting caught.

            The problem is… that it’s become less than challenging for me lately, so I thought some friendly competition would help raise my excitement level.  A few years ago, I was stalking one of my victims which I call my students, and before I could move in for the kill, my student was murdered by another man.  I did what I could to find this man but all I could find was the name Jim.  It took me a while to track him down, but eventually I did somewhere in the Midwest that I won’t mention.  I suggested a murder contest and he accepted the challenge.  I had already set up a place in the middle of nowhere that I got when I killed this old rich recluse years ago.  The guy was a doomsday prepper and had a whole underground bunker built, and he had no nearby neighbors.  I knew I would find this guy Jim, so I went ahead and set up the place as a home base for us.

            Basically, we agreed to copycat famous murders.  But we also have to take an index fingertip from each student as a trophy.  All the trophies have to be brought to home base for display.  Ten million dollars is up for grabs to the contest winner. 

            I can’t wait to begin work finding students for me to teach their final lesson.  I feel like I was born to do this, and my excitement level is very high.  I have so many ideas on which masters I would love to mimic, but my first lesson is going to be inspired by the best murderer who never killed anyone… I won’t say more about that yet because I don’t want to ruin the surprise.  All I can think about is getting out to California and getting started on my contest.  I’m practically drooling at the prospect of watching the life leave my students’ eyes.  I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to cut their fingers off while they’re still alive, or wait until after they’re dead.  Like I said, I’m sick, and I know it.  This is the only way I know how to satisfy my urge for blood and death.  I feel like keeping a diary of my kills is going to be hard to keep hidden and even harder for me not to brag about, but I want the title.  I want to know I can be the best killer in the world, and I don’t care if it means I have to risk getting caught to do it.  So, goodbye for now, I’m off to California.   -Dave J.

© 2016 John J. Stevens


Author's Note

John J. Stevens
...couldn't figure out how to get the last paragraph to be the same size as the rest... still a learning process for me. next entries next Monday (7/11/2016)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on July 6, 2016
Last Updated on July 6, 2016
Tags: kill, death, killer, serial, serial killer, murder, murders, murderer, murderers, crime, horror, kill journal, contest, trophy, trophies, records, journal, diary

Author

John J. Stevens
John J. Stevens

Ronkonkoma, NY



About
I mostly like to write fiction/fantasy stuff, but will occasionally branch out into other genres. I created this page to share some short stories, and to post previews of my serial novel & other book.. more..

Writing