Love Sick

Love Sick

A Story by JKHughes
"

A modern short story which I wrote for uni, which I set to a electro acoustic surround sound scene which I composed.

"

I wrote a short story to set to music for a uni project, These are the words.


‘She opened her eyes as the sunlight crept in through the curtains and gently kissed her pale skin. She grimaced at being awoken in such a rude manner, without being immediately apologised to, having someone to be pissed off with or being kissed passionately.

She looked at me, her bright blue eyes glistened in the morning light, I’d already been awake for a few hours by then. She didn't say anything, but her body language told me everything I could need to know. She crawled across the bed to where I was seated, kissed my neck and whispered something filthy in my ear then laughed as I immediately responded to her advances. Pulling on her dress from the night before she laughed and said “You’re too easy”.


The next time I saw her we were in the same über cool indie bar, with a floor so sticky I'm sure it was trying to keep my shoes in place. Of course we knew each other were there, but it goes without saying we ignored each other, both waiting for the other to make the first move.

She got my attention at the bar, bumping into my arm, seemingly like the worlds most perfect accident. We both kept up the façade that we hadn't noticed each other until this point, although both updating our every move onto any social network just for the other to notice.

So anyway, the drinks were flowing and both of our groups of friends were doing their duties and talking to one another so we weren't left alone. To tell you the truth I couldn't hear a word she said, I just nodded my head hoping at some point she’d kiss me.


We went back to someone’s house after closing time, exhausted but no one wanted the night to end. A few of our friends had kopped of with one another, so again, we weren't alone.

A gentle thud of a bass drum slowly motivated the room as someone was showing off their bands new s**t EP. We stood in the kitchen lent up against a fridge in a half embrace, until it was time to go home.

I stood awkwardly at her door for a while, unsure whether she wanted me to follow her inside. After a while she invited me in, but not to stay she stipulated. We spoke until the sun came up as she lay her head on my chest until it was time to leave. She thanked me and kissed my lips. As I walked home alone, I was unsure what I was missing.’

© 2014 JKHughes


Author's Note

JKHughes
About 6 months old, I completely forgot about it until now. It serves no real use to me anymore. But I got a great grade for it at uni so I thought I'd share it here. Modern, descriptive piece. Spoken word story which I composed a surround sound electro-acoustic musical piece around.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it. The way he's in that confused state where he's not sure what's going on with their relationship (if they even have a relationship). I've been there.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JKHughes

10 Years Ago

Thank you:), that's what I was going for. The stage where you're unsure where you stand with the oth.. read more
I found this piece very interesting.
As I read it, I could feel how it would move with music. Some places could maybe use a bit more detail, but I like the balance of heavy with light.
Melanie

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JKHughes

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the feedback:)
Joel

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 6, 2014
Last Updated on January 6, 2014
Tags: love story, modern, literature, modern lit, indie, descriptive

Author

JKHughes
JKHughes

West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
I'm a 25 year old from England, slowly but surely working on my first novel (of sorts). I'm a university graduate and musician, I front a band, so I divide my writing between those two fronts. My .. more..

Writing
Swoon Swoon

A Poem by JKHughes


Smoke Smoke

A Story by JKHughes