Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by John Morris
"

A prologue that is difficult to understand and tells you nothing.

"
Prologue 
   “Your views do not count.” these are the words in which I deem begin the first devastating act in the start of the end of the beginning of my life. Although writing this I know that the beginning of my life is not yet complete however I believe that what has now been set in motion is by most standards the testimony that indeed my middle is going to begin. Okay, these words are rambling nonsense and I will try to unravel my vocabulary during the course of this book. I could give you all the answer now yet I do not see that being practical. It would be like showing you the end of Lost before the rest of the season. In that, you will eventually piece together the puzzle of the conclusion through the episodes but the answers are indeed insignificant when you do not know the question. For example, the answer 42 could indeed be the answer the life, the universe and everything according to the outstanding Douglas Adams however; it makes no sense unless you know the question. As far as I can see this is enough babbling but I want to say a few more things in this prologue. Firstly, all the events that are in this novel are indeed true. This is not based on a true story this is a true story and furthermore to that, this is my story. While conversations may be made up, everything that happens is based on my memory; my memory, which I do not even pretend to believe, is perfect thus enabling the novel to be wrong. The novel is my perception now of the events that have transpired during my life. I do not care if thought events are true all of it to be. This is fiction but this is life fiction. This is my story, not my facts. 
   If you have been keeping up with the nonsense I have been spewing out then you will possibly understand what I have been trying to tell you. If not do not worry as the rest of the novel is not written like this. This is only my thoughts and what I want you to know before you dive, head first, into this book. The only problem is that I cannot write my conclusion to this book it will take someone else. I can only write about my beginning. This brings me to the end of the bit before the beginning and on to the end of the beginning. This book does not start from my birth instead I shall skip forward to when I am fifteen years, six months and nine days old in which begins the end of the first part of my life. My name is John James Morris and I have a story to tell you… 


© 2010 John Morris


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hey, sorry, I should have read this first even though I understood that the story was real because of what your message said and stuff - but prologues should always be read first.

I like the rambling nature of this prologue, and the little nods to contemporary culture such as Lost and Douglas Adams. It's a good introduction.
Sorry that you've been through some s**t...but I'll trust you when you say there's a positive outcome to all this.

p.s.
"my memory, which I do not even pretend to believe, is [not?] perfect"
[otherwise the sentence doesn't quite make sense]

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hey, sorry, I should have read this first even though I understood that the story was real because of what your message said and stuff - but prologues should always be read first.

I like the rambling nature of this prologue, and the little nods to contemporary culture such as Lost and Douglas Adams. It's a good introduction.
Sorry that you've been through some s**t...but I'll trust you when you say there's a positive outcome to all this.

p.s.
"my memory, which I do not even pretend to believe, is [not?] perfect"
[otherwise the sentence doesn't quite make sense]

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
1 Review
Added on May 31, 2010
Last Updated on May 31, 2010


Author

John Morris
John Morris

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom



About
Hello Everyone. I know it has been a long time since I last was online but now I am back and ready for it. I have a load of new work from the past year to put on the site once I have done final edi.. more..

Writing