The Diverse Complexion of People Behind the Masquerades

The Diverse Complexion of People Behind the Masquerades

A Story by Joey Nizz
"

The way people are behind you and in front of you

"
People in front of you aren't always what they seem to be when their not, everybody has a dark side even if they deny it, its what completes us as people, as characters in life, when there's dark there's light, when there's bad here's good, when there's complete there's incomplete, when there's perfect there's imperfect and so on..
I'm talking about the people who you think have changed when they have been your best buddy for years and then one day they change, no they did not change, their true colors came out from behind the mask that have been concealing the truth all this time.
Life's one BIG FAT Masquerade party and everyone's a guest and everyone has his or her role in life in this party, some Masquerades might look beautiful but are you sure whose wearing it? it might look beautiful from the outside but from the inside its ugly and full of hate, evil. They say that life's a gamble and i agree, you'll never know what you'll get next or who'll you'll meet next, its just a bunch of people you don't know with Masquerades.
Some people will be as pure as water, but hey even water can be treacherous, they'll laugh with you be nice to you but behind your back its like they've misplaced the kitchen knife into your back!
People always want something in return, you think if someone does you a solid you think he'll let it go? no they'll want something in return and start using you for their own pleasures and needs.
My advice, never trust someone or be your self around them until you truly see whats behind that Masquerade, because it could be something you'd regret your whole life or it could be the best thing that will ever happen to you.

© 2017 Joey Nizz


Author's Note

Joey Nizz
The Different Colors of People Behind The Masks

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think we are lucky that we have experienced this, beacuse now we Know !
when you said " true colors " you reminded me of a song called like that by jusitn timberlake, i suggest you hear it, it's beautiful *-*
I like when you said " even water can be treacherous " *-* ( it reminded me of another song xD Treacherous by Taylor Swift )
I like it very much, the descriptions and the metaphores were beautiful *-* You expressed your idea very well.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

5 Years Ago

Thanks ill check it out! ^^
hahaha maybe i should make a song version out of this :p
T.. read more
Black Jess

5 Years Ago

okey xD
hahahaha , it would be awesome ^^
It was a very goodd start for you
Joey Nizz

5 Years Ago

lol nah im not really good in writing songs but hey who knows :p
Maybe because I'm older, maybe because I was a bartender for 18 years in 6 states, but my judge of character is usually spot on. Of course, no one can predict an interaction's outcome 100% of the time, but I've seen so many different masks, and all the games they play when they think no one knows who they really are. Just like poker, "maskers" have tells. But your advice is good - wait until you see how they act in bad or difficult situations and you'll know who you're dealing with. Joey, all these motivational pieces are making me want to be a nicer person - I have a reputation to uphold and "nice" has no place in it!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

You've met all kinds of people on the stool behind the bar, so you've seen a lot of colors behind ev.. read more
A different part of you now Joey. Usually you always talk about positivism and such. Does this mean the next poem would reveal about your dark side? ;)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Everybody has one right? ;P
You should read the ones after this one, this was just the beginn.. read more
CAPOLAVORO

6 Years Ago

That sounds exciting. :)
Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

I hope they will be :P
The way you used masquerade in this story was amazing. It completed the message you wanted to convey.

Posted 6 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

You have truly written very well. You're welcome ☺
Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thanks again ^^
We all hide how we truly are behind a socially-acceptable mask. Society is filled with people who will stab you in the back and twist the blade. I agree with your story here Joey.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thanks for agreeing, and yeah they'll just strike your back when your not even looking!
We really don't know who is true or fake..story is true..
Good story..loved it

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Yes indeed, some people arnt who they are in front of you.

Thank you for your review .. read more
I have many friends but none I can call a true friend...
Your message is strong and a much needed one for me....
I noticed some wording errors which have already been mentioned:)
Thanks for the wonderful work, Joey.....

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Sadly most of us do have those conniving people in out lives, and yea I forgot to fix those when I w.. read more
Zephyr

6 Years Ago

My pleasure......
I really like the concept that you have explored here. The idea that everyone hides certain aspects of themselves, even to the people closest to them, is something i have been exploring myself recently.
Very few people are lucky enough to see the full, true, unadulterated version of a friend, relative, lover etc.
The real test of inner strength and confidence in yourself is whether or not you can still love and respect someone even after seeing their ugly side - because you are right, everyone has one!

A few small errors that i noticed:

"I'm talking about the people who you think they changed when they were your best buddy for years..." - I feel like it would read better as 'I'm talking about the people who you think have changed when they have been your best buddy for years...'

"..everyone has hes or her role in life in this party..." - hes should be his

"...might look beautiful but are you sure whats wearing is?" - should be 'what's wearing IT is?'

I really enjoyed the read, great thought provoking piece. Good job.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Joey Nizz

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and correct the errors, i appreciate it, i guess i w.. read more
SamSim27

7 Years Ago

You're very welcome :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

339 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2017
Last Updated on May 1, 2017
Tags: Masquerades, Masquerade, Diverse, different, colors, complexion, mask, masks

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


It's Time It's Time

A Story by Joey Nizz