The Emerald Swallowtail

The Emerald Swallowtail

A Story by Joey Nizz

On a cold breezy morning, she decided to go outside to her yard and cover the flowers she has planted outside from the rain that may come. As she was doing it, she found a cocoon of a emerald swallowtail, which was rare to see.

One day the cocoon started opening a little, she just stood there and watched the emerald swallowtail for hours and hours as it struggled to force its way out of the cocoon through the tiny opening.

Until all of the sudden, everything stopped! the movment the sounds that it made stopped and it looked like it was stuck.

As she witnessed what was happening she cpuldnt bare to see the poor emerald swallowtail struggle, she decided to help the insect, she took a knife and cut the remaining bits of the cocoon. The emerald swallowtail then managed to move easily and become free of the cocoon, it was shaking in its place with its swollen body and small, wrinkled wings.

She didn'nt think of anything else, just stood there and waited for the wings to go back to normal again to support the emerald swallowtail. But that didn't happen. the emerald swallowtail spent the rest of its life unable to fly again, just crawling and shivering in its place with tiny wings and a swollen body. She decided to take care of it by feeding it and giving it shelter until one day maybe things will be in the emerald swallowtail advantage.

Despite the generous heart of the girl, she didnt fully understand hat the restricting cocoon and the struggle needed by the emerald swallowtail to get itself through the small opening; were God’s way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings. To prepare itself for flying once it was out of the cocoon.


© 2019 Joey Nizz


Author's Note

Joey Nizz
Our struggles in life develop our strengths. Without struggles, we never grow and never get stronger, so it’s important for us to tackle challenges on our own, and not be relying on help from others.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's often when we think we're helping, we make things worse.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

4 Years Ago

True, sometimes we don't have to intervene unless we really have too, just sit this one out and see .. read more
Joey Nizz

4 Years Ago

Thank you for your review Lea.
Lea Sheryn

4 Years Ago

You're welcome.
Well said! Thanks for sharing Joe

Posted 4 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

4 Years Ago

Thank you Nankya.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 4, 2019
Last Updated on November 4, 2019
Tags: Struggles, Kindnes

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing