Fields and Love

Fields and Love

A Story by JRC Talberg
"

A fictional story of love.

"
That field is sacred. It is a large field, without crops, filled only with prairie grass. It is on the edge of my small hometown, a haven for those who know of it. 
That field is where I met her, as she skipped home from school one day. We were a tender age, and I didn't know I loved her then, but I did. I fell in love with her that day, when she looked at me with her bright, hazel eyes and laughed at my silly overcoat. My mother always dressed me in such large clothes.
That field is where we lay under the stars a year later, finally realizing our love, but not admitting it. We talked about the universe, and the creator, and our future. We were so sure of our future. 
That field is where we first kissed, another year later, after we had acknowledged our love. In the middle of the field, prairie grass flowing in the breeze about us, our lips met, and we sealed our love. It was not to be broken easily. 
That field is where we escaped, after the school dance. We laughed the night away. While our classmates partied, we lay in a field, looking up into the sky, completely and utterly in love. 
That field is where she told me that she was dying, that the doctors had not been optimistic. I cried, and she cried, as we embraced, an embrace that lasted longer then any other, yet could have lasted for eternity. I held her for the rest of the night, as the stars swirled around us, and the cancer raged inside of her.
That field is where she is buried, her body deep beneath the grass and the stars and the memories of true love. That field is where I shed my tears, without a hope of replacing the void within my heart.

© 2012 JRC Talberg


Author's Note

JRC Talberg
A bit of flash fiction. I believe that flash fiction is a perfect tool for creating emotions within a reader, often inspiring the reader to write other, sometimes longer pieces. If you want to use this as inspiration, that is great, and I would like to read the product. Please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awww! Oh my, I cried legit tears. This is moving and lovely. Fantastic write!
100/100 easily!

Posted 11 Years Ago


JRC Talberg

11 Years Ago

Haha thank you. I love writing this sort of very short story because it lets me create emotions with.. read more
.Lost Soul.

11 Years Ago

I have never thought of it that way, but that's an awesome way of putting it.
JRC Talberg

11 Years Ago

Yeah. Its a good literary tool.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 22, 2012
Last Updated on November 22, 2012

Author

JRC Talberg
JRC Talberg

Menomonie, WI



About
I am a 9th grader, living in a small town in Western Wisconsin. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by JRC Talberg