Codenamed: Wraith Clan (Work In Progress) Chapter 2

Codenamed: Wraith Clan (Work In Progress) Chapter 2

A Chapter by JSmith0612
"

Still unedited. Warning: Language. Zain is officially introduced to Rei and runs like a coward at lunch. Xander & Zain try to discuss the situation but Xander senses Leena may have other ideas.

"

Codenamed: Wraith Clan, Ch.2

 

I felt a poke in my side.

 

“Zain, don’t be rude you a*s. Introduce yourself.” Xander gritted out through his teeth. I raised an eyebrow at him.

 

“Myself or…myself?” I hissed lowly at him. He opened his mouth to speak and wisely shut it. I knew what he meant but he didn’t know I wasn’t precisely myself at the moment.

 

Yeah. You’re just a little more hostile than usual there, King. Scowling inwardly at him, I sighed and sat up straight, squaring my shoulders for the difficulty ahead. However, when I focused on the girl, I found that I could look at her without seeing her aura.

 

Consider it a brief reprieve. Take it and run, idiot. I didn’t usually agree with him much but on this instance I was more than glad to do so. Clearly my throat, I extended a hand over the table.

 

“The name’s Zain Lawerence. As they mentioned a minute, their names are Leena Storie and Xander Adams. Over there,” I pointed at the giant in the room, ”is Lee Nickels. And over there in the back corner,” I pointed to my far back right, ”is Ryan Lane. These are pretty much most of the names you need to know in this town. I guess it’s our duty to make sure you’re settled in with no problems. So let us know if someone bothers you, alright?” Wincing internally, I knew I was coming off too strongly but I had to in order to keep him quiet.

 

Nice try, a*****e.

F**k off.

 

The girl, who had a hair color similar to my own " a Raven black so deep it shined blue in the right light " and eyes that could trap someone, blinked a few times, somewhat stunned. And then a huge smile crossed her face as she nodded.

 

“O-o-oh! Thank you! Of course! But, so far so good. No worries!” Rei chimed, giving us the peace sign as she smiled. I strained a smile in return; hoping none of my grouping of friends would be able to tell the difference.

 

“Class, I was just notified via email that the bell system is not working for some reason. So I am to notify you it is lunchtime. Be back in the room in one hour.” The instructor rambled on. Thank God! I was starving " both for food and to put some distance between the princess and myself. Racing out of the room, I made a beeline for the roof.

 

Seeing that no one else had made it up there yet, I sighed in relief and took my ritualistic spot by the fence. Just as I was about to start digging into my lunch " leftover curry that Mishelle made for dinner last night " the redheaded stepchild showed up.

 

“Yo, Zain. What the hell --?” I grabbed him, threw him against the now shut door and threw my hand over his mouth.

 

“I don’t have enough time to explain. Nor do I fully understand the situation. Just nod if you know what I am talking about here but… you know the old stories? About auras and s**t?” I hissed, narrowing my eyes at him. I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his tattooed head. Xander nodded so quickly I just knew his head was going to eventually pop off. “Good. That’s all you need to know for now.” I released him and returned to my spot with a huff. Scratching the back of his head, he ambled over towards our typical spot.

 

“Dude, what are you going to do?” It was an honest, sincere question. Groaning, I am ran a hand through my hair and looked at him.

 

“Honestly?” He nodded, “I have no f*****g clue. Avoid her. Research it. See if I can debunk any of the legends and see what I can do to break the link if I find out the legends are true? I don’t know. My mind is racing right now.” He stiffened, looking over his left shoulder.

 

“Well, get your act together dude.” Xander spoke gruffly.

 

“Why?” Color me confused.

 

He sighed and looked me straight in the eye.

 

“Because… I think Leena is bringing the new girl up here for lunch.”

 

When it rains, it f*****g pours.

 

He cackled madly, thoroughly enjoying my state of mind.

 

We’ve been in need of a good storm, ya know…



© 2016 JSmith0612


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on May 21, 2016
Last Updated on June 1, 2016
Tags: supernatural, paranormal, romance, action, Wraith, book, dark, war, star crossed, beginnings, fire, aura


Author

JSmith0612
JSmith0612

Pryor, OK



About
Hi! My name is Jeri R. Smith. I am 28 years old. I have been married for a little 3 years and been with my husband a total of 4 years. We live in Pryor, OK with our dog Lucky. I have my bachelors degr.. more..

Writing