The Ice Bunny

The Ice Bunny

A Story by Javiera Stephanie
"

I had a bunny plushy who created a ruckus among the folks. And the reason behind that is..

"
THE ICE BUNNY


Hello, my name is Stephanie. Once, I had a bunny plushy. Many people said that its face is as cold as ice. It's frightening. But I wasn't afraid. I love my little bunny. For me, it's a cute white little bunny. But there was a rumor spreading around the folks. I didn't know what it is. But I know it was something serious. But, my family didn't let me know about it, especially, my mom who didn't even let my brother tell me. 

My brother was also so protective of me. He always said, "Nothing serious" whenever I asked him. One day, my brother and I were doing our duty. I was going to wash the clothes. Suddenly my mom called him. I want to know too. But my brother soon comes out. I asked him, what happen. But he said "Nothing". But his expression surely showed me that something had frightened him. And then I read the newspaper that he left on the table. It said that a bunny plushy was attacking the folks. The name is, The Ice Bunny. I don't notice that time, that my bunny plushy is on the pile of clothes that was going to be ironed. His face was really as cold as ice. Don't ask me how I know about his gender, I just know about it. I was really afraid just by seeing its face. The newspaper kept telling that the ice bunny was still attacking the folks. One day, one of my friends, told me that she knew who will be the ice bunny's target next. I was so afraid.

After so many days gone by, my bunny plushy wasn't by my side anymore. Now I completely believe that rumor. Many people had been attacked now. I was sooo afraid that I would be attacked too. My friend told me who will be the next target, every day. My heart beat really fast whenever I listen to her. I didn't know where did she get the information from about the target. But, she never mentioned my name. All that I knew was the targets are girls. That day, she mentioned many names. But she didn't mention my name, even though there were not many girls left. Maybe I was lucky. 

One day, when it was already in the evening, almost at night, my dad was still at work, my brother was hanging out somewhere with his friends. And there was only my mom. But my mom wanted to go to buy something. I was physically weak. I need to rest earlier. I told my mom that I want to go with her. But she said that I have to take a rest. 

I said, "I don't want to stay in the house all alone. I'm afraid." 

"The ice bunny will come. I saw it before I come out of the house.", I continued. 

I was so afraid as if I've just seen a ghost. But my mom said that there's nothing. It's only my imagination. I still insisted that I didn't want to go inside.

My mom said, "Just take a rest. Don't be afraid." 

So, I thought I can't say anything. And then I went back into my room. Our house was really big. That's why I was afraid. My room was so big. And it was already night at that time. I turned the lights off. I didn't know why I turned it off, since I was afraid of the ice bunny. Then, I laid down on my bed, and covered myself with my blanket. And then, on the sofa, I saw the bunny plushy laying down there. I was shocked that I sat up real quick. I hid my face behind the blanket. But the bunny plushy moved! He moved and pushed me to the wall. (I don't know why it's so strong, since its height is only 1/6 of my height). 

But it pushed me on my chests. It said, "Why are you afraid?? I'm your bunny". I was so afraid. 

I only said, "P.. Please don't harm me. I'm so afraid". 

Then he said, "Harm you?? I won't harm you. I'm stupid and crazy if I harm you". 

Then I said, "There are so many girl that you've attacked. Why is it only me that you don't attacked?". (FYI, the people that have been attacked by the ice bunny changed. Their skins turn red, and they listen to the bunny's words). 

The ice bunny said, "Do you know?? I made them like that, so that they could serve us. I'll marry you, and you'll become my wife, the prince's wife. Hahahaha!!!". 

I only thought of it as a joke. I mean, seriously, it's a bunny. So I said, 

"But you're only a bunny. And I'm a human". 

It said, "Only a bunny?". 

Then it changed. It became taller and taller, even taller than me. Its face transformed into a human face, a guy. Its body changed too. And then, after a while, He had transformed into a perfect human, and it was a guy. But as soon as he transformed into a human, he transformed back into a bunny again. 

"You saw it??". I was shocked to see that. 

"You are...". 

"I was a normal human, just like you and your family and other people. I'm a guy. I'm not a demon or anything". He said that with a sad tone. I know his heart is aching. Well, he's my bunny after all.

"I was a normal human. But then, a human sorcerer turned me into a bunny plushy because she hates me. Strange, right? I've never done anything wrong, anything that harm people. I'm not like the Beast prince in the story "The Beauty and the Beast". But she turned me into a bunny just because she hates me. I don't know the reason". 

I'm sad to hear that, so I say, "Then, why do you turned everyone to be like that?? They've never done anything wrong to you". It said, "Because I want them to serve us. I was a guy, like I've said, and I'm a prince". 

I said, "I understand. You want them to serve you because you've been served since you're small, right??". It nods its head slowly and sadly. 

"I understand your feeling. But you don't have to do that. It's alright if no one serve you. You should learn to do things by yourself". 

"By doing that, only means that you're doing the same thing as what the witch has done to you. If you hate it, then why do you have to do it to other people?"

"Then, you wouldn't want to marry me??". I smiled and say, "Even if I marry you, you don't have to pay a servant to serves me". 

"If you marry me, you must leave your family and live in my palace with me. Can you do that?". 

I don't know why I agree to marry him. Maybe it's because he's been with me since I'm small, even though as a bunny plushy. He had been my best friend for years. So I feel a different feeling towards him. A... Comfortable feeling... By looking at him, I was sure that he's an adult. Older than me. When he was a bunny, he didn't age. 

I said, "Every girl that have married to a guy, will move out from her family's house and live with their husbands. So, it's a normal thing. My family can still visit me and I can visit them, right?". It nodded its head. 

"Then, you've agreed??". I nod my head. I know this is crazy, but that's what happened. He's so happy. And then, he transformed back into a guy again. This time I can clearly see his face. He was a really handsome guy. His acts was cool too. His clothes also changed into a prince's clothes. He was holding the bunny's clothes on his hand. And then he turned everyone back into normal. I didn't see everyone, I just know. Because I believe him. Right at that time, my family came back home. The prince look at me in the eyes. He smiled and he kissed me on my lips.
After a while, I was married to him. I moved to his palace, and lived there with him, happily.

© 2014 Javiera Stephanie


Author's Note

Javiera Stephanie
Please give me honest feedback ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on March 4, 2014
Last Updated on March 4, 2014
Tags: Ice, Bunny, Romance, Fiction, Dream, Fantasy

Author

Javiera Stephanie
Javiera Stephanie

Tangerang Selatan, Banten, Indonesia



About
Hello, My name is Javiera Stephanie and as you can see, my pen name is Jolisa Sydelle. I was born in 1998. I'm an amateur writer and I'm also the leader of a game development team called Ninja Vault. more..

Writing