Extra Chapter 5: Unordinary

Extra Chapter 5: Unordinary

A Story by Jack Rock
"

Jack is a background character of a story where power defines who you are in school, on his way to observe the MC, he meets trouble and his work until this point might be lost.

"

          

              I wander down the halls of another high school story, making my way to trigonometry class. Lockers stood side-by-side covering each wall in its tinted blue. Students are also in these halls, either traveling to their destination, or huddling in their friend groups. This does seem normal, but Wellston Private High School is anything but normal.


            There is a division among the students, there are those who are top of the pyramid because of their powers they possess, and the very bottom who are just regular students, without powers. They’re called cripples and I set myself up to be like one of them. It’s easier for me to not do anything noteworthy in the school to stay hidden as long as possible.


            I enter the room that my trigonometry class is in, and already spotted the MC sitting in his chair, seemingly staring at space while looking through the window. He sits one row away from the window, near the back. I make my way over to my seat, right side at the very front. It’s important to be far but close to the MC, avoiding all contact but keeping an observe eye on him for the report later. I noticed a pattern in the MC’s seats, but that’s irrelevant for now.



            Another class time went by as the teacher was finished with the lessons. The bells rings and everyone besides me sprinted towards the door. I was the only one left in the class. Its common really, the bell that rang was the lunch bell, I better get going, and get to the roof.


            The MC likes to hang out at the roof, followed by a girl that’s sits next to him up there. I don’t know why he goes up there but its best if I observe him. Everyone is at the lunch room, so the halls are empty here near the roof. I got to make sure to be careful here. I found the staircase that goes to the roof. Climbing my way up, I reach the door. I get ready and activate my invisibility.

 

           “Hey!” That voice snapped me out of my trance. Standing behind me is a tall, blonde kid. He’s wearing the school uniform of a teal coat, white t-shirt, and black tie. His hands are in his pocket and he glares at me with his bright blue eyes. He shortens the distance between me and him, the air around us become tense of power. “This spot is for royals only, turn back now.”


            He looks down at me, even though we’re similar heights, “Sorry about that, I didn’t know.” I make my way downstairs, feeling down for myself. I was caught red-handed in my act, great. I was hoping for nothing to happen. There should be another way to get up there, or maybe I can make my way using my po-.


            I’m at the bottom of the staircase and four people seem to be waiting for me, each with anger spelled on their faces. All four of them surround me in their menacing poses.


“A cripple here in a place of royals?”,


“Unforgivable!”


“He should be taught a lesson.”


“A lesson in pain.”


            2 of them grab my shoulders from behind, locking me in place. The other two start swinging their fists at my chest and my face, each blow I take is followed by their frustration towards me. My shoulders were free from their grasp, I fell to the floor and take the assault from 4 people at once. I didn’t try to defend myself, as it was pointless. “Come on, scream for us you useless cripple, squeal like the rest of them!” I didn’t scream or made a sound.


            Their fists and kicks slowed down to a halt, as they got bored with it. They left one by one, unsatisfied with the beating. Coughing up blood, observing the mess in the halls that’s mine, my body is numb and some bones are broken. It’s fine I said to myself, at least they won’t remember this. Many students are beaten for simply breathing the same air as them powerhouses, I was no different. My body started to repair itself, enough for me to make an attempt to get to my knees.


            “I’m surprise you can get up after that.” That same voice, Blondey is standing on the foot of the staircase. I’m struggling to get my legs up, one of them is shattered, it’s going to take a little longer to get up. A hand was brought to my eye level, I followed the trail to see the blonde kid trying to help me. “Let me take you to the nurse’s office, I hate to see you like this.” I gently push his hand away, “It’s fine, I can take care of myself, give me some time and I can pull myself back together.”

 

           Chills went down my body as I realize something is wrong, I look up to the blonde kid again and he is quiet, still, emotionless. He gets back to his two feet, and glows in a yellow aura, his eyes are even brighter blue, suddenly a yellow barrier surrounds me. And shrinking at a fast pace. “Know your place, my name is Arlo, I am king of this school and I demand to be respected as much!” I sat there, realizing I shouldn’t made enemies of this guy, with my nearly regenerated body, I put my head and bowed. “Yes, your majesty!”


            The barrier has almost reach me, I hoped that nothing more will happen, the yellow tint was gone. It looks like it worked. I put my head up to see a disappointed king before me, he says nothing more and walks away, I just escape my cover being exposed. I let out a breath of relief.


            I got my body off the ground again; my body is fully healed and even the blood is gone from the floor and my face. I moved around my arms and legs to see if it’s in working order. The bell rings, sounds like lunch is over, the next period is beginning soon. I start to head over to my next class, too bad I missed lunch entirely, good thing I prepare for emergencies. I pulled out of my pocket a granola bar. This should replenish whatever energy I lost.

© 2019 Jack Rock


Author's Note

Jack Rock
I only hope I improved

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on September 20, 2019
Last Updated on September 20, 2019

Author

Jack Rock
Jack Rock

About
I'm going to dump all my ideas down, its up to you if you like it or not, Don't expect to much from me. more..

Writing