A Night Saved By Color

A Night Saved By Color

A Story by Jack The Rabbit
"

This is one of my little fantasies.

"
     Music pounds through the floor and shakes my body, the bass filling my chest to a near unbearable point. Lights flash off the walls, tearing the moment away and filling it with blinding color. I'm in another world now, one that erases my bad decisions with lights. I try to look for the right object to erase. Through the light I find her against the wall, eying me.
'With her high-heel against the wall, kind of dancing, though not at all.'
The light takes another moment and I know I'm moving through the bodies toward her, but the only proof is the glimpses I get when the color pauses. Green. She's closer. Pink. I can see the color of her lipstick. Purple. I'm there. I don't bother speaking, but I wouldn't know what to say anyway. In the end it doesn't matter. She knows what I'm there for and pulls me to her by my vest, her mouth meeting mine without any pretense. Her lips work against my own with experience, something I'm not surprised by. I push my hand against the pulsing wall behind her and cup her face with my other, pressing my hips into hers. I can feel the song through her body and I press harder. The back pockets of my jeans fill with her hands as she holds me in place, our mouths melding together, moving as if one intends to eat the other. Soon our breath is quick and she's turning her head to pant in air, her chest rising and falling against mine like a panicked animal. I follow and kiss her lips softly, ignoring the taste of red lipstick that finally coats my tongue. My mouth moves along her jaw to the spot just below her ear and I open my eyes for the first time since approaching her. The lights strobe and demand more bite-sized pieces of life, but I don't want to be surrounded by time again. No more moments. I try to ignore it, but I can feel the lights on my skin. They move in time to the blood in my veins and pound in my body, refusing me the curvy escape that's pressed to me. I groan in aggravation and push myself off the wall, her hands slipping out of my pockets. I don't look at her again as I turn and move through the people surrounding me, their bodies warm and thick. I've lost enough time for tonight.

© 2010 Jack The Rabbit


Author's Note

Jack The Rabbit
I don't know how this one's turned out, so I want you all to be very strict. Not enough detail? Tell me, I won't get mad. I feel like this one is a little....blah.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not blah... very hot. The scene builds like the music in the club... and I actually like that she is a faceless, nameless fantasy girl. I can see her standing there so clearly but she is shadowy... dreamlike. The kiss is very hot. But you LEFT her there? No way! I'm intrigued by the concept of losing time...and as with all your stories, I'm left wanting more. I begin to fall in love with a character and then must part ways with him too soon.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 17, 2010
Last Updated on August 25, 2010

Author

Jack The Rabbit
Jack The Rabbit

Orldando, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
Jack is an alias that just happens to sound cool with 'Rabbit'. Both are names that I'll go by. I'm from Florida and I've been trying to get some stuff out in the world. My writings are all origin.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Jack The Rabbit