Do Not Call Me Hot!

Do Not Call Me Hot!

A Story by Sarah
"

A rant on MySpace stupidity...

"

I don't have room in my life for stupidity. Your ignorance may amuse for a time, and I do welcome the exciting challenge of trying to explain myself to someone who has never met anyone remotely like me (nor will you!) but stupidity is an unbearable trait in any handsome and intelligent man!

You may think those contradictory terms, but I assure you they are not. Indeed, stupidity is nothing more than an inability to comprehend. One can, then, be quite educated and wise, and yet completely unwilling or unable to learn in a certain subject.

 

I seem to be one of those subjects men are particularly stupid to. I find all too often a limit to the knowledge others want when it comes to me. They ask where I live, what color my hair is, perhaps one intelligent question as well, and then their interest fades and I am left to endure their cold lust for sex and nothing more. It is cold and it's appeal is elusive to me, for I have always felt the warmth of a smile far more than the fiery desires so many seem to roll their lives around.

 

'Mere' lust seems impossible to me- nothing kills my desire stronger than stupidity, or worse, a lack of humor. It melts away like ice cream when some idiot has nothing to say but 'hey hottie', leaving me wanting nothing more than a good salt scrub and a lufa, to scour your eye prints from my body.

Why do hungry eyes leave me feeling unclean, yet perverted humor only gives me giggles? I want to put that quarky laugh in bubble wrap against a sad day, but dark hands haunt my nightmares- groping where I can't get free while he mocks me with empty promises.

 

You wonder why I sometimes leave the house without makeup? Why I hate to dress up, hate to wear tight clothes, or be told I am 'hot'?

 

I feel their looks on the back of my neck when I walk down the street in a miniskirt- male eyes rape me everywhere I go, leaving me vulnerable.

 

I am not sexy. I am a nerd, a sword-collecting, knife-throwing, Star Wars watching, Trekky-loving nerd! Look closely, oh moronic MySpacers, above the cute clothes-- see the smile and the witty humor and the kind laughter that springs from my heart everyday! See the honor, and the urge to be honest and true, and value them if you can! BUT DO NOT CALL ME HOT!

© 2008 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

you're hot when you're angry. ok ok. i'm KIDDING.

this is a common complaint. since i'm well beyond the age of calling young women hot (but still noticing), this diatribe is wasted on me. it probably is a good way to cull the field of prospective partners and friends, though. i hope you find someone who appreciates your inner nerd.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow! This is one amazing rant here!
I like this I can feel this one.
This is wonderfully expressed.

Posted 14 Years Ago


>>> ...leaving me wanting nothing more than a good salt scrub and a lufa, to scour your eye prints from my body.

Posted 15 Years Ago


But are you taking the time to understand these men's lust. I mean, maybe you should try going out and being a ho-bag just to fully 'comprehend' the other side of things.
It's only fair.

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a nice rant. Any woman can likely relate. Thanks for sharing this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008

Author

Sarah
Sarah

Westminster, CO



About
My name is Sarah (obviously) and I am 20-years-old. I've been writing poetry since I was 12, but my real ambition is to be a young adult fiction writer. I love getting reviews, especially when they're.. more..

Writing
Confidence Confidence

A Story by Sarah



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..