Kaetalita, that's a strange name.

Kaetalita, that's a strange name.

A Chapter by SuicidePact.

July 20th 1989

 

Today me and Tera surfed the waves together, It was as though there was a silent competition going on, and i still don't know who's the winner. afterward we waded upon the waters surface, sitting on our boards, legs dangled in the cool waters. We were talking and talking, just like old friends, like we had known eachother forever. Don't get me wrong I'm still angry at him for invading my land, but at times I'm just lonely and Tera's always there, I need someone to talk to.

 

"So, do you go to school around here?" he asks me.

"No, after a while Dad got sick of picking me up from the principals office, so I've been home schooled for most of my life."

"Smart move."

"Hey!" I scoop up the water and fling it across at him, but it's definately hard to use this method of annoyance on a surfer, we love the water.

"Do you know many of the locals?" Another question, man he is curious.

"Tera, I know those who are worth knowing."

"Even me?"

"Sure, even you." I guess he had me there.

"Shucks, thanks Kat."

"Kaetalita" I correct him.

"Kaetalita, You have such a beautiful name, it's unique, haven't heard it before."

"My Mother made it up. She wanted to call me Katey, But Dad has his heart set on Lalita, after his grandmother, My name was a compromise."

"Katey seems so plain"

"She had her heart set out on leaving this place, she hated it here, hated all the traditions, hated the island, but she never made it out."

Hot tears were starting to form in my eyes, but there was no way I was letting myself cry in front of this bafoon.

"I miss my Mum too." he whispers, well i thought it was a whisper, the wind started to pick up and the sound was drained out, we started to paddle into shore, where we talked some more.

 

I was home later than usual, My father was already asleep on the couch, so I switched off the television and went off to bed.



© 2012 SuicidePact.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I found myself reading someone's chitchat...no grave philosophical or spiritual discussion, no extremely funny wisecracks...and yet it kept me interested till the last word...and also, your descriptions of the surroundings and the setting are very vivid...the picture builds itself smoothly in the readers mind...
great job here :-)



Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is great. Love this. Really do. Well done Jenn.

Posted 12 Years Ago


shes slowly liking him. i can tell!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like reading work that makes you reflect on thoughts or feelings you have experienced in your own life but you your self never put into words. "It was as though there was a silent competition going on, and i still don't know who's the winner" I had to laugh at how many times Ive been in this situation. Good chapter! I hope you continue with it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Rhymes with Catalina, off the California coast.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This felt very real, very much a "slice of life" vignette, with a terrific setting and impelling characters. I enjoyed it quite a lot.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good chapter :) I loved her name :D Can't wait to read more! Update soon :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


great work i loved reading this and thanks for sharing this with me

Posted 12 Years Ago


The first paragraph leads the reader into the scene and brings us up to date really well, in just a few lines.
As always your dialogue is flawless
i loved the ending of this, and the image of the wind picking up, coupled with the paddling to shore. Excellent, readable and enjoyable chapter. Thanks.

Posted 12 Years Ago


very nice

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this, It is interesting and I love the name Kaetalita it is beautiful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

752 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 16, 2012
Last Updated on March 16, 2012


Author

SuicidePact.
SuicidePact.

Not telling!, SecretVille., Australia



About
You'll find a lot about me through my writing. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..