Little bit of Trying.

Little bit of Trying.

A Poem by SuicidePact.

Try a little bit harder,

reach a little further,

trying is the recipe to success,

It’s the only way for you to reach your best.

So why have we become lazy?

Why do we always take the road that’s easy?

That is my question,

can you afford the answer?

© 2012 SuicidePact.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

So true. We as humans are afraid of the challenge of trying, so we take the easy, downhill ride instead up the uphill walk that we should just to try. If we fall, we fall, we slide back down. But we should still get back up. Most of us don't. If, perhaps, we fall down, we let ourselves slide to the bottom, to the end, and give up on climbing back up. Very good. Well written and it sets up a scenario that everyone can relate to and understand, and, as your last line says, most of us fear to give the answer. Wonderful!

Posted 11 Years Ago


That my friend is the million dollar question!

Posted 11 Years Ago


i really really loved this x 'trying is the recipe to success' is a perfect line. its very nice poem i enjoyed it alot and it has a lot of truth in it :)xx

Posted 11 Years Ago


I adore this! Beautifully done. Straight to the truth.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Some cannot : )

Posted 11 Years Ago


truth, assumed recompense, love it! nice write! -s

Posted 11 Years Ago


Awesome job :)

~Destiny

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a good question. Nicely done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


It is sad but I would say the vast majority of people these days do not struggle against life, but resign themselves to false images of security. In this day and age we have the army of mediocrities leading the multitudes of fools; I would say that every generation of mankind has been similarly inclined - as a species we seem to loathe exceptionalism - but I will say that previous generations had a sense of something more, an inkling, and in having that inkling they are better for it. We, what do we have? Our era steels itself to attain the absolute and authority, and with it security and luxury; it wants to transfigure the world before having exhausted it, to set it right before having understood it. Whatever it may say, our era is deserting this world.

This piece is written like a short sermon, with an inherent arrogance in every line, the narrator has asked the question and looks down on those who do not do similarly. A position I can relate to. It possesses a nice rhythm to it without appearing forced or like it is rushing you onwards. It is steady and sure. I enjoyed that fact.

Thank you for sharing.

Regards,
A.E.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very good question to ask. But are we ready for the answer?. Nicely done.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1282 Views
74 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 24, 2012
Last Updated on April 25, 2012

Author

SuicidePact.
SuicidePact.

Not telling!, SecretVille., Australia



About
You'll find a lot about me through my writing. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ Sex and Tea ~ Sex and Tea

A Poem by


fool idol fool idol

A Poem by khalid