A dragon's meal

A dragon's meal

A Story by Flopp
"

Knights and dragons :)

"

 Snow was kicked up like dust as the knight ran for shelter. His tattered leather chest plate was singed around the edges, giving it black shading. The dull grey iron shield in his sweaty hand sat tightly, as he gripped on to his sword. Blankets of snow stretched forward, blinding his vision as more snowflakes dusted his eyebrows and eye lashes. Suddenly he heard a deafening roar, like a thousand dogs barking; the ground shook below his feet and a dark shadow loomed over his head, growing in detail. A dragon. Powerful winds pushed the knight around, causing him to stop in his tracks and gaze up at the winged beast. Brown scales with flashes of silver met his gaze and the powerful wings danced in the air. The great horned head of the dragon; with short menacing red eyes bore holes into the knight. It had a long jaw with two sharp teeth jutting out of the bottom. The blood red tongue flickered across the teeth as the dragon stared at its prey. The knight tightened his grip on his sword fearfully as the dragon plummeted to the earth blowing up clouds of snow. Smoke escaped from the nostrils and a deep growl emerged from the dragon’s belly. It grew into a fearsome roar and a foul smelling green gas ignited; forming tongues of flame to lick the ground below the knight’s feet. The knight charged, taking advantage of the cover of steam that the fire and snow had caused. Snow crunched loudly as he sprinted towards the dragon, sword pointing at the snout and shield covering the body. The sword clattered to the ground as it bounced off the scales. The eyes looked at the knight, amused that the prey was putting up a fight. The dragon gave another barking roar and snapped its jaws around the terrified knight. It shot back its neck and tossed the knight into the air playfully, before engulfing him in a red ball of fire. The charred and roasted knight, fell into the gaping jaws of the dragon; the jaw snapping shut, as it swallowed the deceased knight…

© 2015 Flopp


Author's Note

Flopp
Ignore grammar and punctuation problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a really good story . I feltl ike I wasin it .Good job .

Posted 8 Years Ago


Flopp

8 Years Ago

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!
Cool story! It made me feel like I was right in the story, with the knight and dragon. I'm glad I wasn't though, because I would have certainly been the dragon's next meal! I liked the pacing and descriptions and how they didn't seem to drag on (Dragon). :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Flopp

8 Years Ago

Hahah. I'm glad you liked it. Good thing you're "fired" up about it :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 29, 2015
Last Updated on November 30, 2015

Author

Flopp
Flopp

London, United Kingdom



About
I like fantasy and adventure. I like stories better than poems! more..

Writing