Enemies & Dreams

Enemies & Dreams

A Chapter by HerUnknownLife
"

I am almost killed, but Jarod saves me. Yay! I have a dream that's probably going to mean something later.

"

Jarod left me alone in this strange room for a couple hours so I could rest after he had told me about my parents. I wonder when he is going to come back. I liked having his company and I really need a glass of water.  I am so thirsty. A person came in as I was thinking that, but it wasn't Jarod. I could tell. It's probably a doctor. I heard the person walk to the other side of the room and turn on a water faucet and then I heard water running. Ok, so there is a sink in my room. The person walks up to my bed and puts something probably a glass up to my lips and I take a sip. Ok, so it's just water.  "Hi, there!" the person says to me. It's a woman's voice. It surprised me when she spoke.             

“My name is Dr. Treefield. I am the doctor that's been taking care of you for the past few days while you were asleep," Dr. Treefield says to me. Well, that's a weird name. She takes the glass away from my lips and I hear her put it on a table next to my bed. I hear her walk to a cart that's at the end of my bed and I hear her mumbling something like, "what should I do that won't hurt but will put her asleep?" What? I hope that's not what she actually said. I hope I heard it wrong.

"Ah this should be good," she says. "This will only hurt you a little, but you will be fine after it," she says to me. I wish I could ask her what she has in her hand that might hurt a little. I squeeze my eyes shut, even though it doesn't do anything. I can't even see anything with my eyes open. I feel another person's presence in the room. I think it's Jarod, but I can't tell because whoever it is trying to be stealthy. If it's Jarod, I'll be happy because then I'll be safe. I hear one of them pick up something big and heavy. I hear them hit something with it and it hits the ground hard. The person I think is Jarod walks up to my bed.

"Hey! It's me, Jarod. Sorry about that. Are you ok?" He says as he breathes heavily. I try to nod my head and it actually moves. Why is he breathing heavily? What happened here and what happened to that doctor person?

"That's good and omg you moved your head! Ok, so that doctor that was in here was not actually a doctor. She was one of our enemies and I knocked her out and killed her. Ok, so I want to see if you can move anything else. If it hurts to move we won't try anymore." He says as he tries to help me sit up. Wow, I can actually move my limbs around. I still have a little pain. I am sitting up in my bed now with Jarod sitting next to me keeping me up.

"Anything hurting?" He asks. I nod my head.

"Where does it hurt?" He asked. I point to a spot on my back. He puts his hand where I pointed and starts rubbing my back. A little weird, but it feels nice.

"Does that feel better?" He asks me.

I try to speak a little but it comes out very quiet, "Yea it feels really good." I can speak. Just in case he didn't hear me, I nod.

"That's good! Wow, you are healing very fast, but you have to stay here a little while longer. We should probably move you to a safer room. I am going to see if I can find a wheelchair," he says to me.

"Oh, ok," I say to him. Wow, he is so nice and easy to talk to. I hope we become really good friends. I lay back down on the bed. I wish my parents were here to see him being so helpful. I close my eyes and try to picture my parents here even though I have no idea what they look like. I probably shouldn't have closed my eyes because then I fell asleep. I guess I was tired. I was dreaming of taking walks with Jarod and talking with him and sitting in the parks having picnics. I guess I fell asleep for a few hours because when I woke up I heard crickets. Oh, it's night time.

Jarod walks into the room and says, "Do you feel better now that you have rested? When I came back with a wheelchair you were fast asleep. I didn't want to wake you up, so I left and read a book in the other room. You looked so peaceful lying there."               

"Yea I feel much better. I guess I was really tired. This might be weird, but I was dreaming of me and you walking around talking and going on a picnic at one of the parks. What book are you reading?" I say to him.

"That’s good. Umm... Why were you dreaming about me and you going for a walk and talking? I am reading A Teardrop." He tells me.

"Yea and I have no idea why I was dreaming that. Oh, A Teardrop. A fantasy love story. I would never have thought you were a love story person." I say.

"Oh, ok. I only read love stories once and I while. They are pretty good. We should probably take you to a safer room right now. Before it gets dark," he says this as he pushes the wheelchair up to my bed. He walks up to me and puts his hands on my back and under my legs and picks me up easily and sits me down on the wheelchair.

"Wow, you are strong!" I say to him.

"No, you are just really light," he says with embarrassment because he is not used to getting compliments. While he pushes my wheelchair to another room, we talk a little. When we get there he pushes me to the bed then lifts me again and lays me down on the bed.

"Well, I am going to get you something to eat. Be right back," he says as he walks out the door.



© 2017 HerUnknownLife


Author's Note

HerUnknownLife
Please let me know if there are any grammar errors. It would be very helpful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
Added on March 13, 2015
Last Updated on May 19, 2017
Tags: Enemies, dreams, sleep, unsafe, safe


Author

HerUnknownLife
HerUnknownLife

ME



About
I'm a 16 year old writer. x in process of rewriting this x more..

Writing