All About Jarod

All About Jarod

A Chapter by HerUnknownLife
"

What Jarod told me about his life while we ate our sandwiches.

"

He came back with two sandwiches. One for me and one for him. We sat on my bed and talked for awhile and then he left, so I could sleep. I sleep and dream of Jarod and me walking around town, shopping and going to the movie theater to watch a movie. When we talked earlier, I learned a lot about him and my parents. His father died when he was almost three, so Jarod doesn't really remember him that much. Jarod's mom was always working, so he never really saw her. She went to work early and got out of work really late. The only time he got to see her was on his birthday. They would always go somewhere special. Once they went zip lining over a forest and a zoo. Another time, they went hiking and found a hurt deer and they brought it to a wild animal rescue shelter. The shelter employees were happy that they brought the sick deer in. If they didn't the deer would have died. They thought the mother died and the poor deer was all alone.

I also learned that Jarod had a pet parrot named Polly. Jarod trained Polly so she could say all sorts of funny things and he taught her to do tricks. Polly could dance to music and she would come if Jarod said her name. Polly's favorite food was oranges. Whenever Jarod said oranges, Polly would say, "oh I love oranges. Yes, I do!" It would always make Jarod laugh. Polly died when Jarod was about 10 years old. He felt like he lost one of his best friends. Jarod didn't go to school for about a week because of it. My dad stayed out of school for that week so he could take care of Jarod. My dad helped Jarod through it and a few weeks later he got Jarod a lab puppy. Jarod named the puppy Arrow. Arrow loved people, and he loved playing tug of war. Arrow was taught tricks like sit, shake, lay down, and bring stuff. According to Jarod Arrow was a nice dog who never did anything wrong. Arrow died 6 years after my mom and dad disappeared. Jarod didn't get another pet after that.

Jarod was 21 years old at that point and had a girlfriend who didn't love him as much as he loved her so then they broke up. He never thought of loving anybody again. He only paid attention to work. He lived in his apartment all alone for a long time. He watched TV every night before he went to bed. His mother died a few years ago. He went to her funeral and met a few new friends who knew his mother and felt sorry for Jarod because he had no one. Now, they hang out every so often, but they don't know anything about his secret life.


© 2017 HerUnknownLife


Author's Note

HerUnknownLife
Please tell me if there are any erors

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

160 Views
Added on March 15, 2015
Last Updated on May 19, 2017
Tags: Jarod, sandwich, discussion


Author

HerUnknownLife
HerUnknownLife

ME



About
I'm a 16 year old writer. x in process of rewriting this x more..

Writing