POST SUICIDE

POST SUICIDE

A Poem by JENNY
"

These days listening to lots of suicidal cases made me think how fast people quit . So just want them to understand they are precious to world when they are to themselves first.

"
Running from yourself,
Running from this world,
Leaving everyone behind,
In slumber forever.

Above the skies thinking hard,
Was it that easy ,
To give up on life,
Now I regret it being past .

Unconscious mother emotionless dad,
What was the sin they even made,
Asking yourself you sadly chuckled,
“ Was it that hard to Love Myself?”

© 2023 JENNY


Author's Note

JENNY
This first day of 2023 , let’s promise to ourselves to love ourselves a bit more than others . Hope you enjoy loving yourself 💜

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wonderfully composed, Jenny! Such a powerful message was conveyed. Indeed, pursuing self-love and accepting yourself for who you are will bring the heart peace. Yes, sadly there have been many suicidal cases, and that makes people ponder why they wanted to quit so easily just because of this society. But again, suicide is something that is pursued when the individual is pleading for help. But as Chris rightly stated in her review too, Communication is the way! Loved your talent to write such strong poems, Jenny! Thanks for sharing!
Mk.t.g

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JENNY

1 Year Ago

Thank you so much Mk.t.g four precious words. I was just shocked to hear the repeated shocking news .. read more


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

Wonderful to hear that you're writing every day! Welcome to the cafe and WOW...did I just ever choose a tough poem to review..lol. It's one of those subjects that you can approach from so many angles that the head spins. For instance, what is the best "Point of view/narrative" to choose from to begin with? Hopefully, the first person if it is you contemplating, If it's any of the third persons..put the freaking pen down and get over to where that person is and help them in any way you can! However, all of this aside the message was clear and effective with your feelings, so for now I'm going to agree that absolutely the act of loving yourself is a much better route to take. Think I'll choose carefully about any future titles..lol. Thank you for the caring message and for sharing it here!

Posted 1 Year Ago


JENNY

1 Year Ago

Definitely I never let people around me undergo depression and take such a major step. I’m not a s.. read more
Perdition

1 Year Ago

My pleasure! And I don't know...a well shared depression every now and then might be a healthy thing.. read more
JENNY

1 Year Ago

Your most welcome . Thanks to you for your warm words Predition. I hope you love a sound and beautif.. read more
I agree with your powerful poem and its vital message on love. Though I would also be remiss to not acknowledge that each life and circumstance is different. I myself am a suicide survivor who suffered difficult child abuse from my father growing up. I have recently written a poem titled "A thousand little cuts" which I haven't released as of yet. It deals with the resonance of trauma and its residual effects that continue throughout life. And remain into old age. It's not just about learning to love oneself but also acceptance of the wounds and recognizing they continue to exist. Learning to live with them and their continued impact on life. Such pernicious and vile abuse lingers and affects future relationships. It effects how one loves and the trust one must work on daily to overcome its deficit. Because in the end they are irrevocably broken mentally in places one can not see from the outside. These mental wounds heal but their scars are forever. To love oneself is a step in the right direction and path forward from such trauma. To forgive oneself for clinging to such devastating pain is another step as well. Thank you for sharing such an important message with us all.

Posted 1 Year Ago


JENNY

1 Year Ago

Firstly I would love to say that you’re so strong physically and most importantly mentally. I’m .. read more
Carlos Lorenzo Estrada

1 Year Ago

You are very welcome Jenny. You are absolutely correct in pointing out that social media has only ma.. read more
JENNY

1 Year Ago

Your every word is straight to the point CLE . I really appreciate your thinking.Once again thank yo.. read more
Wonderfully composed, Jenny! Such a powerful message was conveyed. Indeed, pursuing self-love and accepting yourself for who you are will bring the heart peace. Yes, sadly there have been many suicidal cases, and that makes people ponder why they wanted to quit so easily just because of this society. But again, suicide is something that is pursued when the individual is pleading for help. But as Chris rightly stated in her review too, Communication is the way! Loved your talent to write such strong poems, Jenny! Thanks for sharing!
Mk.t.g

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JENNY

1 Year Ago

Thank you so much Mk.t.g four precious words. I was just shocked to hear the repeated shocking news .. read more
This time of year there are often more suicides which is such a tragedy. The devastation they leave behind for family and friends is shocking. I wonder if they truly want to die ir whether it is a cry for help that goes wrong? Thank you Jenny for remembering all who take this exit route and those left behind. Communication is everything. Some people can’t bring themselves to ask fir help.

Wishing you all the best for the new year.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JENNY

1 Year Ago

Thanks Chris for your helpful review.May god help those people who need it . Wishing you the same.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 1, 2023
Last Updated on January 1, 2023
Tags: # Love Myself

Author

JENNY
JENNY

Rajsamand , Rajasthan , India



About
I’m on midway of being graduated and love to relax by writing daily life incidents in form of poem. Although I’m not a professional but try my best to motivate myself and readers by my wo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..