I Wonder...

I Wonder...

A Poem by Jamestown
"

Gifts of love...

"
I wonder...

At first I handed you a yellow rose letting you know
that you were my best friend till the end,

I wonder what you thought that rose meant?

Then as time went forward that rose color turned
into a deep crimson red as my heart felt our one time
friendship turn into a bleeding love,

As this love affair grew into something that everyone
desires, I gave you a engagement ring because I knew
that I couldn't live without you,

I wonder what you thought that ring meant?

A hop and skip later I asked for your hand in marriage
and gave you a one of a kind ring that was symbolic of
how I felt about you,

With love comes marriage and a baby or in our case
two in the carriage,

I wounder what you thought our kids meant?

Well just to be clear these gifts were completely out
of 100% love for you, I don't understand you, why would
you do what you did to me and the kids?

I wonder what you think marriage means?

We are obviously not on the same page and I am
sad to say " I don't think we ever were "
but I know for sure that I loved you with ALL of my
heart and will till the day I die,

Have a blessed life my friend, my wife, my ex,
I only pray for the best for you and me and together
we weren't meant to be,

I wonder did you ever love me?

© 2015 Jamestown


Author's Note

Jamestown
GOD IS GOOD!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

often with exes, we ask ourselves that question---did you ever really love me?

but one thing we can know for sure...we loved the other....and can carry that love with us, regardless of the outcome of the marriage.

j.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jamestown

8 Years Ago

I agree completely friend!
Thanks for checking it out and your kind review, b-blessed!
Your words are bittersweet my friend, yet so beautifully written. I'm certain she will always have a place in your heart.

Julie

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jamestown

8 Years Ago

For sure:)
Thanks for checking it out and b-blessed!
And I wonder what gift do you have inside your writing: it is the love in the art.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jamestown

8 Years Ago

I appreciate your review and b-blessed!
a sad tale James, not your personal experience i hope, but you captured the feelings and emotional turmoil of love losing its way, you did your best but is it ever enough, both men and women can be guilty of wanting more, in today's driven society its clear we need a rethink of how we live our lives, bravo James :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jamestown

8 Years Ago

I completely agree with your review my friend, spot on!
Thanks for checking it out and b-bles.. read more
Some women are just unclear on the concept of 100% love. They don't find answers to your questions until too late.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jamestown

8 Years Ago

We as men are equally guilty:( Thanks for checking it out and b-blessed!
Excellent symbolism between roses, colors and relationships. A journey of romantic meanings and emotions. Be blessed.....

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jamestown

8 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out and your kind review, b-blessed!
Sami Khalil

8 Years Ago

My pleasure. Any time. Be blessed. ...:).....
very sad and well penned proposing questions that rarely get answered...blessed be to thee

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jamestown

8 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out and b-blessed!
Don't know if you really want an answer ... But from the outside, I saw a beautiful family, very much in love until the two meshing gears rotational motion became worn, clogged and stationary.

I saw it with my own eyes and supported your love for each other with my whole heart, YES she most certainly loved you! But as can happen with addicts, a time came when she shifted priorities.

And, that's why it hurts so much...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jamestown

8 Years Ago

I guess we will never know, but I still wonder?
I appreciate the fact that you took the time .. read more
According to the teachings of the Buddha, life is comparable to a river. It is a progressive moment, a successive series of different moments, joining together to give the impression of one continuous flow. It moves from cause to cause, effect to effect, one point to another, one state of existence to another, giving an outward impression that it is one continuous and unified movement, where as in reality it is not. The river of yesterday is not the same as the river of today. The river of this moment is not going to be the same as the river of the next moment. So does life. It changes continuously, becomes something or the other from moment to moment.

Take for example the life of an individual. It is a fallacy to believe that a person would remain the same person during his entire life time. He changes every moment. He actually lives and dies but for a moment, or lives and dies moment by moment, as each moment leads to the next. A person is what he is in the context of the time in which he exists. It is an illusion to believe that the person you have seen just now is the same as the person you are just now seeing or the person whom you are seeing now will be the same as the person you will see after a few moments.

Even from a scientific point of view this is true. We know cell divisions take place in each living being continuously. Old cells in our bodies die and yield place continuously to the new ones that are forming. Like the waves in a sea, every moment, many thoughts arise and die in each individual . Psychologically and physically he is never the same all the time. Technically speaking, no individual is ever composed of the same amount of energy. Mental stuff and cellular material all the time. He is subject to change and the change is a continuous movement.

Impermanence and change are thus the undeniable truths of our existence. What is real is the existing moment, the present that is a product of the past, or a result of the previous causes and actions. Because of ignorance, an ordinary mind conceives them all to be part of one continuous reality. But in truth they are not.
http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma8/imperm.html


Posted 8 Years Ago


this is a lot of wondering?!? i have wondered, my self, in a relationship, and now i know, from a horrid experience, if you have to wonder it's a blunder. they always put a clean face on for show but if you have to wonder, confront!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jamestown

8 Years Ago

I hear ya! Thanks for checking it out and b-blessed!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1640 Views
53 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 18, 2015
Last Updated on June 18, 2015

Author

Jamestown
Jamestown

Denver, CO



About
Fun, spontaneous, outgoing, God fearing man. Enjoy reading and have a passion to write. PTL. ... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


"Please" "Please"

A Poem by Valentine


"Tapers" "Tapers"

A Poem by Valentine