WEIRD.

WEIRD.

A Poem by Firemay
"

i don't belong with everyone else, so why should i act like i do?

"

Is it weird to be normal?

Is it normal to be weird?

Do you know what is better,

loved or feared?

When they say I’m a weirdo                            

I never get upset

When they say that I’m crazy

I take it as a compliment.

 

I know that I’m weird

I know that I’m different

But at least I am proud and not ashamed

You laugh because I am different

I’m not like you

I laugh because you are all the same

 

What would I be if I wasn’t unique?

I would stand in the same crowd

With no way out

In a sea that has no difference to it

I will be stuck and lost

Without knowing what life is about?

 

How could one live such a boring life?

No meaning, no adventure

No being troubled

By other folk’s strife

I’m better off being weird alone

Than being with you

 But feeling empty or gone

© 2016 Firemay


Author's Note

Firemay
As always, comment and review. Hope you enjoy it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

THIS.

i really enjoyed this one, keep up the good work!

I'm new on here, so it would be an honour if you could review some of my poems!

Posted 6 Years Ago


There ain't no such thing as normal in my humble opinion, we are each so unique in every way, from just one simple thought come others and before you have had a handful of thoughts you think blearily, before we are even fully awake, that the chances of one other person having the exact same thoughts would be a number so huge, your eyeballs would pop out just trying to read it.
It's funny to me how in certain circumstances it can be cool to be different, just as long as you "fit"
Who would you rather hear speak, the one who tells the world everything, or the one who is deemed weird, but would be infinitely more interesting to hear?
Great piece. Really like your spin on this.


Posted 6 Years Ago


Firemay

6 Years Ago

Yes that is exactly what i think. Thank you!!
Lorry

6 Years Ago

You're welcome.
Only thing wrong with being weird is. Eventually everyone realises you're quite cool, and wants to be just like you. Such a cruel world for people wearing suits.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Firemay

7 Years Ago

That's really nice and true hahaha :)
I agree my friend.
"I’m better off being weird alone
Than being with you
But feeling empty or gone"
The above lines are true. Who want to be the same as everyone else? Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Firemay

7 Years Ago

Thank you!! I aprreciate it very ,much!!
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome.
I think its always better to walk your own path. Nice flow. I like this!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Firemay

7 Years Ago

thank you!!
First note: it's always going to be tough to write about these kinds of feelings, because it's been done so many times before, and also because it can tend to feel "angst-y."

That being said, there are lots of things that can be done to improve this piece!

For instance, you set up a nice sort of sing-songy rhythm in the first stanza that makes it feel lighthearted and playful, but a few of the lines don't match up. Try "being loved or feared" and "I hear a compliment."

Be careful of repetitive words and cliched lines - you want your piece to stand out, so make brave choices! I'm especially thinking of the second stanza, where you use the word "different" twice. Poetry is all about brevity, so you have to choose your words extremely carefully!

Unfortunately, you also fell into one of my favorite traps: rhyming "life" and "strife" is WAY overdone - find something else!

Hope that helps.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Very good, loved reading this it's always best to be yourself.

Posted 7 Years Ago


this is a very different kind of plot, and it's amazing!
keep writing :D

Posted 7 Years Ago


Firemay

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much
Something for the outlier kind of person. Definitely something most of us could relate to at some point in time. Very good work, Firemay. :) Keep it coming.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Firemay

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much
very deep , very mature writing


Posted 7 Years Ago


Firemay

7 Years Ago

Thank you
1

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

546 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 19, 2016
Last Updated on July 19, 2016
Tags: life, myself, alone, weird, unique, different

Author

Firemay
Firemay

Israel



About
Hey, I'm 22 years old. My writing is everything for me, if it's in my mind, it's on a page. My hobbies are dancing, writing, reading, painting and photography. And that's me. more..

Writing
Wars Wars

A Poem by Firemay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..