The Flagstone Path

The Flagstone Path

A Poem by Jane Winters Rogers

Flagstone Path
A far off slamming of a screen door, now a creaking of a gate.....foot falls on a flagstone path, make his presence heard, although I cannot yet see his face, the air carries a scent of his cologne.
This scent I find arousing, as I walk to greet him where he has stopped abruptly and stands staring at me .......on the flagstone path.
What will this dark night reveal? Will we remain friends ? Or at long last become lovers?
Feeling the warmth of his breath on my cheek....as the soft feathery caresses begin ....I feel ecstasy!....
All the while kept under control... Amid the dark still night...where we now stand enfolded...together.....beside the flagstone path..

© 2015 Jane Winters Rogers


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like your writing style. It is somehow minimalistic yet able to paint a vivid picture and evoke the desired emotion. I can see, hear, smell, and feel as if I were in the story. Thank you for writing this.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

413 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 27, 2015
Last Updated on March 27, 2015

Author

Jane Winters Rogers
Jane Winters Rogers

Franklin, OH



About
I'm 65 and have been writing poetry since age 17. I write prose and short stories, including the painter. Another love of mine is skating both ice and roller. I like being social and sharing life stor.. more..

Writing