Lost Between Two Worlds

Lost Between Two Worlds

A Poem by Vera

One is my home, the other is where I live.

One is bright and beautiful, the other is dark and grim.

The world I want is only to be visited, the other I try to escape, yet can't.

I have the need to feel that joy of imagination, of hope, yet I'm stuck staring at blank pages.

I want to have adventure and feel the thrill of being the hero, but instead I am caged.

Constantly trying to stay in that faraway place, but somehow always pulled back no matter how hard I try.

I always feel its call and sometimes slip into its warm embrace, but cold fingers of reality wrench me back.

Always torn between the world I want and the world I'm on. It feels as if I'm shuttled to and fro between these places and it’s hard to feel as if I belong.

© 2016 Vera


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this piece of poetry is so good! it really shows the pain in your words! just great. and congrats you have won 2nd place in any type of poetry contest! :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


You have expressed very deep thoughts in this poem. I love the way you have used apt metaphors. Truly well written.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Vera

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much, this is one of my favorites so I'm glad you liked it as well. :)
Najam Us Saher

7 Years Ago

Yeah it was really well written. :) I could relate to it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

480 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 14, 2016
Last Updated on December 14, 2016

Author

Vera
Vera

Sumatera Barat



Writing
An Empty Shell An Empty Shell

A Poem by Vera


Dreams Dreams

A Poem by Vera