The Rain

The Rain

A Poem by J.R Schlievert
"

enjoy

"

the rain. crashing against my window pane. 
making the exterior world impossible to behold. 
the rain. drizzling down the roof of my cabin. 
the lighting clacking into the ground as if god him self sacrificed an calamitous sinner. 
the thunder, rumbles down into the pit of my soul. 
the sun, piers through the notched, ash-gray sky. 
the rainbow, arcs over my house, to help me find my sense of bountifulness. 
 

© 2009 J.R Schlievert


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

an elaborate mixture of gentle yet ardent adjectives to describe something as fickle-minded and exquisite as the rain. fantastic job :) the word choice was flawless and the flow was perfect.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I adore the rain...in any form! soft and drizzly, pouring and crazy! it doesn't matter...It is so wonderful...i don't even own an umbrella...i would rather just get soaked and watch everyone else dash through trying to dodge the drops, while they look at me as if i lost my mind....
this is awesome! I enjoyed it very much!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow. What a complex grouping of observations. Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Haha!! I really love this!! I love the rain; actually, I am a bit obsessed with it!! lol. This was truly a great rendition of the subject!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love the rain. My did I love this poem. Do you like to run in the rain ? I do. ^^

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 22, 2009

Author

J.R Schlievert
J.R Schlievert

Queen Creak, AZ



About
If a fun loving person! Need help with anything just give me a message and I promise that I will get to you! Im a big guy at 65 (AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! THAT RHYMED!) and I love people! And what ever they .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..