I Fly

I Fly

A Poem by J.R Schlievert
"

enjoy

"

I fly! flying over the clouds, over the world, over my nature. the acquit ocean reviles my reflection. skipping over perfection. living in the moment. people alarmed at the man with wings. i slowly hover over the concrete jungle. alternating my wings until my feet contact the mainland. mortals still stare. "Its ok my children" I say. speachless, the crowd stayed dormant. until a little girl. no more than five, approaches me. some of the bravest mortals are the youngest. and she smiles at me.

© 2009 J.R Schlievert


Author's Note

J.R Schlievert
tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This isn't like you. The imagery was decent, but it didn't quite touch the reader the way some of your works in the past have. The bad grammar was overall aggravating too..If you can't feel the passion in a work, then the next thing to look at is how the work is presented.

Posted 13 Years Ago


What an interesting poem! So creative and unique! I loved the imagery and detail! It was absolutely amazing! Wonderful and positive poem! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


Well, the bad grammar annoyed me.
But other than that, it was a pretty good poem *nod*
The brave little girl really made me smile.


Posted 14 Years Ago


I get the surface meaning and something much deeper as well... for me: the wings of flight being perhaps the ambition of writing, how it makes one's soul soar in possiblities...how parts of one's mind says writing and story telling is empty-mindless-waste of time but the inner child smiles at the enjoyment, embraces that which leads into the unknown, the smile gives hope wings to continue when all other voices say 'stop'....
Love this! Give every one wings to fly!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is very imaginitive and interesting. However, perhaps it is just me but I seem to read this more like a paragraph than a poem as it all seems to run together. But I like your idea a lot especially how you pointed out that children have less fear of something or someone strange than many older people do.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Enjoyed this JR. Felt strangely personal as I've just retired from being a Flight Attendant after twenty years. What was your inspiration?

Posted 14 Years Ago


The oceans waters constant moving creates a relection that is not true to the person. People see something that is not familiar to them and are frightened of this strange being. He is different. Difference is something to fear. Except to an innocent child. They tend to accept what they have not been taught yet to fear. They have not been conditioned to the ways of the world. A great use of imagination in this work. Your words are inspiring and show you to be a thinker. Look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is without a doubt a very inspiring poem
This is what gives teenagers inspiration to go out and accomplish something.
good job :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow I really did enjoy this, it's very creative. I loved the ending too, it made me smile :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


You have a great imagination you will never be bored in your own thoughts...I liked it

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

560 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 23, 2009
Last Updated on August 26, 2009

Author

J.R Schlievert
J.R Schlievert

Queen Creak, AZ



About
If a fun loving person! Need help with anything just give me a message and I promise that I will get to you! Im a big guy at 65 (AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! THAT RHYMED!) and I love people! And what ever they .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..