What is Life

What is Life

A Poem by J.R Schlievert
"

enjoy

"
what is life
is it as dull as a finger tip
or sharp as a carving knife

life, in my opinion
is a territorial dominion
with other difficult situations
that hands you accommodations

life can also be a flower
that blossoms every hour
with magical powers
but can turn sour.

to some, life is worthless
but nevertheless
its their opinion
and who am i to start that rack and pinion

so, to be true
as blue
i look into the eyes of life
and that is you


© 2009 J.R Schlievert


Author's Note

J.R Schlievert
Be truthful! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good poem! You wisely point out life is what one makes of it. You can take the stings and jabs or you can turn it around and look for the better side. It is just having the initiative to do so. Even if it is the remindeer from something that is very simple as a hint of a scent to a happy familiar occurance or finding someone to share it with, there is joy, you only need to take a moment to say this is the way I will live it. Great job. Keep the pen moving.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

omygoodness i am going to favorite this! It is one of many ways I have been trying to explain to people their way of looking at things makes a difference. Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece. :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was good. I liked it a lot. Life is what you discribed. Live it. =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great job! Life is what you choose for it to be.

Posted 14 Years Ago


not bad.

i feel you lost the point of what you were trying to say by the end. life is a complicating thing to express and it shows that you did struggle with it.

atleast you were able to get through it, now maybe you might think to edit it and tweek the words.
overall its got potential
good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Never read more than one or two poems from a poet in one go 'cause you are not reading freshly. That's what I tell myself ... as this is number three you are battling my laziness now. But, I like 'as dull as a finger tip' i don't know that I agree with it as finger tips are quite sensitive, but the expression makes me think ... Maybe the whole of our physicality is dull. Maybe we are only fully alive when our minds are creating. I also like the 'rack and pinion' as I cld acutely hear the grating of cogs as I read that. Also rack suggests a table of torture. I thought the last verse was a bit disappointing when I first read it. But when I read a second time I like it. We talk about life as if it exists sort of over there, like some walking around concept. But you are right it is the person sitting opposite you on the train. It is us. We are it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was really lovely to read. I like the way you organized it and how you got your point across. Nicely done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I am deeply in love on how you describe life. And how you give your own answer, definately these poems are not easy to create in a matter of minutes. Keep it up!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Your such a wonderful writer! I enjoy reading all your work! Great job! Continue Writing!

~Weaza~

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very good insight into the good and bad of situations of life! Yes, some see life as that of little, or of no meaning, but it is up to each of us to make the best of every situation and forge on! It is easier to give up, to blame someone else for our problems, but wisdom comes through trial and error, and often hardships.
It is how we handle it that matters.

This is your first poem that I have reviewed, and I look forward to seeing more from you!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


"so, to be true
as blue
i look into the eyes of life
and that is you "
THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!
Pardon, the capitols. I just wanted to make sure you got the point.
Man, this whole piece is amazing.
Full of insight.
& Inspiration.
Great work!!
-Elissa :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

546 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 6, 2009
Last Updated on September 7, 2009

Author

J.R Schlievert
J.R Schlievert

Queen Creak, AZ



About
If a fun loving person! Need help with anything just give me a message and I promise that I will get to you! Im a big guy at 65 (AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! THAT RHYMED!) and I love people! And what ever they .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Snow Snow

A Poem by J.R Schlievert