Gods Will

Gods Will

A Poem by J.R Schlievert
"

a poem about god, enjoy

"
Gods eyes
they gaze over us
see everything sacrilegious
so potent
but so enchanting

Gods will
its suborn in all the exact places
like a rock holding up a habitation for insects
his will creates
and atomizes

Gods blessing
is a exemplary thing
something you need to monopolize in your heart
something you need to haul with you
something to wear on your sleeve

Gods intention
always overcomes your own
better than your own selfish conceptualizes
and endlessly right

© 2009 J.R Schlievert


Author's Note

J.R Schlievert
Ok, be truthful, don't be afraid to put a negative comment, but if its negative please tell me what's wrong. and also put in your comment, if this is contest winning material in your standers. :) and thank you for reading :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this piece. Nicely written and very beautiful. So many people never see the true beauty of God but you captured him lovingly. Excellent. I am putting this as a favorite.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Not very long, but you compensate for that by using the explicit vocabulary that you chose. So rarely you see people brave enough to use larger words rather than smaller words with larger meanings. I must exempt you on this for I really do appreciate that in a person. The poem was well written and I think that maybe not a contest winner but it still has a lot of potential in my eyes.

Keep it up.
Nae-Nae ...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hmm, this does have potential, but remember that to some God's intentions aren't all that merciful.

Posted 14 Years Ago


God's eyes the eyes that watch over the world and nothing escapes their view. He is the creator of the original tough love. Did he not send his first creations out of the beautiful garden to fend for themselves, as punishment for their disobidience? The blessings that flow from his huge heart to ours, he is our heart and all it stands for. We may want one thing, but he intends to see that we have what is best for us and what we want is not always what we get. We cannot see a mile down the road, but God can see around the steepest curve. You have written a very thought provoking poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Gods blessing
is a exemplary thing
something you need to monopolize in your hart
something you need to haul with you
something to wear on your sleeve

AMEN, you show great faith and concepts of God... that particular stanza stood out for me. Nicely done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I hated it!!! Just kidding, I liked it and its position. It was something that makes the reader think indeed. I think this one was done with a lot of thought and care. Good job JR. ☺
~Domo~

Posted 14 Years Ago


in the last stanza, 2nd line,,,take out the first word....if 'always' is there you dont need 'are'. just my opinion...
as to a comment...
This is a interesting view on the god concept, good opinion of faith. It is different for all and beliefs will always differ, so you may not want honest opinions.
I enjoyed it overall, has heart put into it.
That is great!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 10, 2009
Last Updated on September 11, 2009

Author

J.R Schlievert
J.R Schlievert

Queen Creak, AZ



About
If a fun loving person! Need help with anything just give me a message and I promise that I will get to you! Im a big guy at 65 (AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! THAT RHYMED!) and I love people! And what ever they .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..