Death by Love- chapter 5

Death by Love- chapter 5

A Story by Jasmarine
"

can review if you like, if not then w.e.....dont matter to me

"

If you LOVE something let it go,

If it COMES back to you it's yours.

If it DOESNT, it never was.

 

      Feeling his gaze, Nyx looked up and was instantly drowning in Aaron's luminescent yellow eyes. The full moon was reflected in his eyes and made his hair look like molten silk.

      "Why am I here?" Nyx asked, swinging her legs like a child atop the gravestone. Immediately she stopped the action, feeling slightly ashamed at having fun in such a depressing atmosphere.

      "You're here because you want to be here." Aaron said, smirking at Nyx's reasoning. She was such a child in some ways trying to grow up but not grasping the basics to mature. Her face scrunched up into a scowl.

      "That doesn't make sense. I didn't even know this place existed." She said, starting to get irritated by his riddles. Aaron smiled and turned to look around them, the movement throwing half his face into shadows.

      "It doesn't have to make sense, that's why it exists. You may not have known about it consciously but your unconscious mind did." He turned to look at Nyx again, his yellow eyes roaming her face. "But mainly you're here because of your book."

      Nyx snorted and looked away. The mist was almost gone but a blackness hovered fifty feet away, cloaking the cemetary in absolute darkness. "That defiantly does not make sense. It's a drawing book, not some weird voodoo magic bible."

      Out of the corner of her eye she saw him shake his head, a smirk tugging at his lips. "No it's not. When you wake up though, you should open it." He slid off the tombstone and stood, stretching then shoving his hands in his pockets.

      "This is a dream?" She asked, copying him and sliding off the granite to the earth, hurriedly pulling her night shirt down. "Then how is it the world of 'Possibilities' if it doesn't even exist?"

      He glanced sideways at her before turning and walking along a worn dirt path. "Yes, this is a dream. Completely made up by your conscience, a place where it can release all the problems it has to recover from in your daily world. A place where the POSIBILITIES are endless. In your reality, it does not exist, but it exists in your imagination." Nyx hurried to keep up, stumbling along the rock strewn path.

      "So technically you don't exist?" She asked, watching the way his footfalls were deliberately placed along the uneven path to prevent stumbling. She tried to copy him.

      "In reality, I don't know. They're could be an individual who looks exactly like me, but has no knowledge of this place and/or acts completely different than how I do."

      Nyx watched as the blackness ahead solidified into fuzzy shapes, but still unidentifiable in the darkness. "So other people can't visit this place or don't know about it?" She asked, the black shapes became descernable. They walked through a black cast iron gate, a fence running as far as she could see before dissappearing into the blackness. Ahead, an old moss covered cobblestone path twisted in to the black fog. Dead trees dotted the desolute landscape, their branches like reaching fingers  towards the sky.

      "Other people can visit this place but it's very rare for someone to be having the same dream just like another individual. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened but I've come across it a few times." Aaron said, his back still facing Nyx as he continued on. "Mind you, you're the only person I've some across the have a fond liking of."     

       Nyx stared at him, feeling the same fiery glow that had ignited in her when she had picked up her drawing book. "You're the reason why." She said softly, her pace slowing. "That's why I'm here, to find you because somehow you're important to me."

      Nyx almost ran into Aaron as he stopped abruptly and turned around to face her, his eyes searching hers. "Do you really believe that Nyx?"

      Involuntarily she took a step back and recovered herself. The weird fire she was feeling intensified when he was close. "Yes. I do."

      Aaron continued to stare at her, his expression blank. "And why's that?"

      She blinked. Why did she? That was a good question. "I don't know. But why else would I be here and not understand?" The way he was looking at her, almost through her, was giving her the creeps. Eventually he smiled and stepped closer. Immediately her senses were overwhelmed with his scent, a mixture between cinnamon and apples. A christmassy smell.

      "You can be here and not understand." He said, his warm breathe brushing against her cheek and collarbone. "Sometimes people come here to fullfill their needs."

      "Are you suggesting I'm here to have sex with you?" Nyx asked, appalled at his thinking. She defiantly was not a hooch and didn't plan on becoming one soon.

      Aaron shrugged, a smirk pulling up the corners of his lips. "I don't know. But it seems most likely not otherwise we would've been already." He laughed at the disgusted noise she made. "Obviously you're here for something more stable than a 'one night stand'."

      "I suppose." Nyx said, pointedly ignoring his attempt at getting her gaze. Suddenly, she knew why she was here. "But as to why I'm here. You'll just have to wait and find out."

     

     

© 2009 Jasmarine


Author's Note

Jasmarine
yessir enjoy people and write comments if you'd like :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Still enticed. Great story. Great work.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
1 Review
Added on August 7, 2009

Author

Jasmarine
Jasmarine

ontario, Canada



About
Hey. Since you're taking the time to read this, I'll tell a bit about myself [but not too much, lets not get greedy ;)]. Wellllll......writing is, basically, my life. Art takes up a big portion too bu.. more..

Writing
Innocence Innocence

A Story by Jasmarine


Pain Pain

A Story by Jasmarine