Entities of a Place Called Home

Entities of a Place Called Home

A Story by Java Bum

Home.

What else do you call the place you come back to every night?

A place.

Simplistic as it may sound, as cliché as it may appear it’s all that’s left now. Words of compassion echo in the silent dark, mellifluous and haunting, a persistent ebbing gnawing away at the little left. And still relentless reminders film the skin, bearing down upon you with sweet suffocation. Prolific memories, enchanting shadows and deep, unexplained wonder, all wrapped in a metaphorical bow of phantom touches and ghost-like kisses that still tingle after all this time.

Who said that life doesn’t continue on after love? It does, and quite easily, too. And life isn’t necessarily worse, just different. It wasn’t love that made the feeling hollow; it was just the one you love and miss that does that, once they’re gone. Sometimes a thought comes to mind. A thought that it was all just a figment of the imagination, a dream and its world once majestic and tantalizing,  now nothing more than barren fields of Forgotten Then.

Home; a place that brings equal hardships and recycled memories hindered and perfected to what we want to see. Home; if that isn’t what “home” truly is, then this isn’t home.

© 2010 Java Bum


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

665 Views
Added on March 18, 2010
Last Updated on March 19, 2010
Tags: story, home, bitterness, apathy

Author

Java Bum
Java Bum

New York, NY



About
While my writing spreads over a few different genres and categories within them, I like to focus my work here on fiction and nonfiction titles that center on pieces of me as a person. My website will .. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Story by Java Bum