5 Most Influential Philosophers and Psychologists

5 Most Influential Philosophers and Psychologists

A Story by Java
"

A brief list of my personal favourite philosophers and psychologists.

"

Here is my list of the top 5 most influential philosophers and psychologists that we are aware of!

  1. Sigmund Freud �" An Austrian psychoneurologist, Freud is known as the grandfather of psychoanalysis. Whilst he did indeed come up with some, let’s say unfavourable, concepts in psychological philosophy; many of his discoveries were very reliable and trustworthy as they set in motion modern innovations for psychoanalytic practice.
  2. Socrates �" A Greek philosopher, an opposition of democracy, one of the wisest men to have ever lived. Socrates was a true follower of the “happiness viewpoint”, he believed that humanity should be ethical but that humans did everything in life as part of a desire for happiness.
  3. Aristotle �" Of course, another Greek philosopher from Athens. Some influential quotes of his include: “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit” and “The whole is more than the sum of its parts”.
  4. Confucius �" Not Greek this time, in fact, a Chinese philosopher. Philosophical views from China were/are, unsurprisingly, contrary to Western/Greek philosophical views.
  5. Albert Einstein �" Whilst technically not a philosopher, many of Einstein’s scientific discoveries have really propelled philosophy into what it is today.

© 2020 Java


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
Added on September 15, 2020
Last Updated on September 15, 2020
Tags: philosophy, list, top 5, research, psychology, albert einstein, socrates, aristotle, theist, atheist, religion, religious, islam, christianity, china, japan, greece, greek, western, eastern, europe, a

Author

Java
Java

About
I'm Java, I'm a 16-year-old songwriter and playwrite. I write poetry, songs and other storytelling tales to help get across my own perspective of life. more..

Writing
Luck Luck

A Chapter by Java





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5