Breaking Point

Breaking Point

A Story by JayG
"

A bit of Flash Fiction. 350 words of fanfic for Ian Flemming's Agent 007, to perhaps, provide a smile.

"

The scene is a dank, dungeon-like space, the floor stained with old blood, the walls impregnated with the screams of the dying. Centered, is a table on which James Bond lies, shackled and helpless. With him is a man in a tuxedo. His face shows no cruelty, only indifference, though his eyes belie that indifference and his eyes glitter with malice.

 “So, Mr. Bond, it’s down to this. You will tell me all your department’s secrets or you suffer more than you have believed humanly possible.”

Cooly, and with a sneer of dismissal, James Bond shakes his head. “Do you think you can frighten me, Coldfinger? I’m a trained agent. Pain means nothing to me. You may kill me, yes, but I’ll never give in, and I’ll take my government’s secrets with me to the grave.”

 That brings a smile and a sad shake of the head. “You may believe that, Mr. Bond, but once I use this machine, you’ll be a spillway to everything I care to know.”

He points to a small machine sitting on the table next to where Bond is chained. It’s a simple box, with a single control--"a small pushbutton. From the box two slim wires run, presumably connected to James Bond in some unknown way.

 Bond turns his head as much as his shackles permit. He frowns before saying, “What does it…do?” The simplicity of the thing obviously has him concerned.

 “It makes you talk, Mr. Bond. It makes any man talk. When I push that button you will know agony such as no man has ever faced. It’s connected to your neural system, and will make you know exactly how a woman feels in labor…hard labor.” Coldfinger grins, cruelly, as he leans back in his chair, hand poised over the box, awaiting a response.

 For a long moment Bond stares, as though accessing the chance that the man is lying. He weighs his options and resources. Finally, he shrugs and takes a deep breath.

“Okay…. The man in charge of my department is named Quincy Farber, and his second in command…”

© 2019 JayG


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh.. you didn't just make me smile.. I laughed right out loud.. well done.. I am a Bond fan.. this was delightful..

Posted 4 Years Ago


Childbirth! Ha! I've had severe kidney stones! Some of my teaching friends , who have had children and kidney stones have told me the kidney stones were the worse pain they ever experienced.

Take care - Dave

Posted 4 Years Ago


Well, I certainly am disappointed that James Bond gave up so easily if he did give up. But now I want to read more to find out if he is spilling his guts or just stalling for time?

Posted 4 Years Ago


The story was clearly written. Though I found it lacking in the premise. Why tell this story? What's special about subjecting James Bond to some torture device? There's nothing clever or unique about it. This torture device, this neural contraption really so diabolical? Also I thought the pain one experiences in childbirth is not so severe a torture. I mean if a man wants to extract information from a woman does he first impregnate her and offer a cesarean section in order to extract information he needs?

Posted 5 Years Ago


simple, somewhat comical, but well written. Good descriptions and narrative.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I enjoyed reading this amazing piece. It has it all!

Posted 5 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

727 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2019
Last Updated on March 12, 2019
Tags: Spy, Flash Fiction, James Bond

Author

JayG
JayG

Elkins Park, PA



About
I've been actively writing fiction for about 40 years and have been offered, and signed, 7 publishing contracts. I have a total of 30 novels available at booksellers at the moment. I've taught wri.. more..

Writing
The Nose Knows The Nose Knows

A Poem by JayG


Life Life

A Poem by JayG



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


despair despair

A Poem by Kent Rawski