Tenebris POV

Tenebris POV

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire
"

FINALLY I GOT IT WRITTEN!!! This scene was kind of awkward for me to write, especially the end =)

"

[Tenebris POV Detected]


I wake up to birds chirping outside the window. For a couple minutes, I just lay in bed, eyes closed, savoring the moment. Then I realize that Jules isn’t here. I get up and quickly locate something to wear and throw it on before shuffling out into the kitchen. There’s a note on the counter, in Jules’ careful handwriting.


Going out. I’ll be back before dinner. See you then.

~Jules


I grin. Knowing her, she’s probably out tracking down a birthday present. She can’t see deadlines until they hit her right in the face, including birthdays. I busy myself making breakfast, and I’m surprised when I hear the doorbell ring. Opening the door, I find Ava and Emilio standing on the front step.

“Hi,” I say.

“We figured, why wait until tonight to enjoy you’re cooking?” Ava says to justify their being here. “Ooh, is that eggs and bacon I smell?” I step away from the door to let them in, and they gravitate to the kitchen, where eggs and bacon are cooking in pans on the stove. Or rather, burning. I rush into the kitchen and switch off the stove, yanking the sizzling bacon pan away from the heat.

“You have got to be kidding me,” I mutter, looking at the burnt bacon.

“It’s fine, I like my bacon extra crunchy,” Ava assures me, swiping a piece out of the pan. “Ouch, hot bacon!” I laugh as she tosses it in the air a couple of times before locating a plate and setting the bacon on it. She licks the bacon grease off of her fingers. “Mmmmm, delicious.” I dump the rest of the burnt bacon onto another plate before starting over. When both the eggs and bacon are finished, I dish them out and sit down at the counter with Ava and Emilio.

“Where’s Jules?” Ava asks as she digs into the eggs. Emilio idly pours ketchup onto his.

“She went out early, probably to get me something,” I say. “She was gone before I woke up.” I watch Emilio empty ketchup onto his eggs for ten seconds straight. “Hey, you’re going to use it all up. Jules’ll kill me if there isn’t ketchup in the fridge.”

“Why?” Emilio asks, setting the ketchup down and mixing the stuff on his plate together so that the red sauce is all over his food.

“Because she likes eggs and bacon with her ketchup too, that’s why,” I say, making a joke out of it. Ava grins at that. “Honestly,” I continue, “do you have to ruin my perfectly seasoned food? It’s annoying enough with Jules, and now you?”

“It’s perfectly seasoned now,” Emilio replies with a smile. I roll my eyes dramatically, but I’m smiling too.

“It’s nice to have friends like you guys,” I say sincerely. They both glance over at me. “I’m serious, you guys are awesome.”

“Thanks,” Ava responds.

We eat in silence for a few more minutes, then Emilio’s phone buzzes. He pulls it out, then jumps out of his seat. “The cake’s done,” he tells Ava. She nods and gets up too.

“We’ll be back for dinner,” they promise. I wave them off as I collect the plates and pile them into the sink. As they drive off, I wonder if Jules told them what types of cake I like best.

--Time Lapse: 9 hours--

Jules, Ava, and Emilio bustle into the kitchen and set a ginormous box on the table, presumably with a cake inside. “Wow,” I say with a grin. “You outdid yourselves.” Then I frown. “Unless this is one of those things where you put a small present in a box, then another box, then another box, et cetera, until it looks like a big present,” I reason. “Cause that’s not cool.”

“The cake actually takes up the box, don’t worry,” Jules promises. Jules, Ava and Emilio place smaller boxes on the table, next to the cake.

“Well, you’re right on time, I just finished making dinner,” I say, directing them to the dining room where heaps of food cover the table. Ava’s eyes widen at the massive amount of food I made. “So maybe I cooked more than I should have,” I admit. “We’ll save the leftovers.” We all sit down around the table and dish up. Not to brag, but the food is delicious. Ava and Emilio both say so. Jules says nothing, she’s acting odd but I decide not to mention it. Better not to mess up something like this. I can’t remember the last time I actually celebrated a birthday before we came to the mountains. My parents were too busy training us, my brother and I that is, and afterwards I was busy stopping Darknight from killing off the whole world, then leading a company of my own. We never got around to birthday parties.

After dinner is finished, we all help clear up while we chat, then Jules and I sent Ava and Emilio home with half of the leftovers. When they’ve left, Jules pulls me away from washing dishes (which I’m happy about) and tells me she needs to talk to me (which I’m skeptical about).

“You may have noticed that, unlike last year, I didn’t get you a big present,” she ventures, seeming unsure about how to tell me what’s on her mind.

“Yeah…” I say, confused.

“Well… let’s just say… the best present has about… eight or so months to get here,” she continues. It sounds like she’s choosing her phrasing carefully, and it takes me a moment to understand. My eyes widen.

“You’re…” I trail off, not wanting to be wrong.

“I’m pregnant,” she says, a whisper of a smile on her face. I’m stunned, speechless for a moment, then a huge smile takes over my shocked expression. Jules returns it.

“That’s awesome!” I finally get out. “I mean… you… I… just… awesome!” I’m really not sure what to say. “Since when?”

“For sure since today,” she answers. “I had to be sure.” We sit in silence for a moment, both smiling. Then, on a whim, I pull her in for a quick kiss. It lasts longer than I intended, but I don’t mind. The candle-lit room sets the perfect scene. And when we pull apart, she’s the one grinning.


[Tenebris POV End]





© 2017 Jay_Bluefire


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

we figured, why wait until tonight to enjoy *your* cooking
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
THEY'RE HAVING A BAAAAAAAABYYYYYY
AAWWWWWWWW
well that was quick
they're really compatible
great chapter, jay, you did a good job (better than anything i've written since you left, anyway XD)

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Added on December 20, 2017
Last Updated on December 20, 2017
Tags: Ice and Shadow, Jay, Darkling, Descendants


Author

Jay_Bluefire
Jay_Bluefire

Puyallup, WA



About
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is NOT putting it in fruit salad. Philosophy is wondering if that makes ketchup a smoothie. Common sense is knowing that ketchup is not a smoothie b.. more..

Writing
Ch 1 Ch 1

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire


Ch 2 Ch 2

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire