Circus

Circus

A Poem by Jaycee

Circus


Remove yourself from this plane of existence. Feel the air rushing through your lungs. Forget it all, forgive everyone. Run as far as your legs can carry you, float on by. Seek out refuge among the weary and worn. Become blind to the chaos around you.


Look through the mirror for once, dance for the hell of it. Seek out your inspiration and hold on to your love. Find your bliss, and bathe in the sunshine.


Drink in your happiness and just once stop to really smell the roses. Stop, just once, to to take in all the good, to FEEL the hope melt into your bones.

Stop, just once, because that will be all it will take to get you to leave this world of pain.
To leave this dreadful circus.

© 2011 Jaycee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Look through the mirror for once" was a splendid, intelligent line. The optimism in the piece is highly contagious, but there is a haunting aspect that coincides to the happiness, obviously the "chaos" that must be ignored. This poem has balance because of these dueling entities. It made me smile, but it also made me think. Bravo.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

448 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 24, 2011
Last Updated on August 9, 2011
Tags: circus

Author

Jaycee
Jaycee

MI



About
A high schooler currently searching for a better future. =) more..

Writing
Scream Scream

A Poem by Jaycee