A sinners Toll

A sinners Toll

A Chapter by Jason
"

Just a fun poem i tried to write.

"

Was it the boyish charm or the promise he made her father before the dance? Either way he got what he wanted, he took what was hers by force. A single tear fell as she got to her feet, the sun would soon raise and she was already late. As she walked a lone down the dirt covered road she came to a bridge with a weird looking gnome. He was singing and dancing with a flute in his hand a cheerful smile that welcomed all in. When she approached the gnome and he gave her a wave she fell to one knee and began to pray.

“Now what is this?” asked the gnome. A girl oh so pretty should not be acting like this. He looked her over and noticed the cut and the stream of the blood that made him sick in his gut. A smile once shown was turning ill with rage as the flute was smashed and waved.

“How dare he take what isn’t his I’ll show him your pain if you’ll give me his name!” The girl tried to speak but her gasps were strong so he held her tight and walked her home. The father was pissed and the mother all distraught but the gnome made them a promise, one that would not be forgot. He promised revenge for the girls lost pride and the innocence which was hers stolen from Clyde. The father was pleased and the mother was merry but the girl was still lost and wanted no pity. The gnome’s feet were swift as he made it to town where the boy told a tale of a beautiful gal. He watched as Clyde bragged and got fives from his friends but Clyde was alone as he went home for bed. He sat by the fire to warm up his feet when the gnome approached and bit off his cheek. Clyde jumped from the chair and tried to retreat but the gnome was not going and pulled out Clyde’s teeth. The gnome was strong and took his time but Clyde was weakening and running out of time. The gnome came close and whispered in his ear, “How dare you take what isn’t yours. Now you’ll pay a sinners toll”.

When the morning came and the sun was bright the town was worried and filled with fright. Clyde’s head was hung on the flag poll in town with the gnome below not telling a soul. He sang a dear song that touched all their hearts of a young beauty robbed of her heart. He made a vow for all to hear that no sin will go untold. He left the town with his flute held high, but no one need worry this was no good bye.



© 2010 Jason


Author's Note

Jason
ignore grammar. Just a fun little poem i wrote.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very well done. Interesting idea; it could be interpeted a few different ways. I'm guessing the boy stole the girl's virginity; it's the most logical answer after thinking for a moment. However (being the darkling I am) my interpitation is that Clyde stole her heart. To be loved is to walk the edge of a knife . . . one false step and you pay the price in full.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very well done. Interesting idea; it could be interpeted a few different ways. I'm guessing the boy stole the girl's virginity; it's the most logical answer after thinking for a moment. However (being the darkling I am) my interpitation is that Clyde stole her heart. To be loved is to walk the edge of a knife . . . one false step and you pay the price in full.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 15, 2009
Last Updated on January 7, 2010


Author

Jason
Jason

Columbia, MO



About
Well to begin i would have to start with where I'm from. I live in Columbia Missouri and have for a majority of my life. I am currently going to college but have mix feeling about what it is i w.. more..

Writing
The Camel The Camel

A Story by Jason


Beneath its Skin Beneath its Skin

A Story by Jason