47. Blue SKy

47. Blue SKy

A Chapter by Kianna
"

Now, Meredith is queen and must lead her people, but for the first time, she is afraid. She didn't think this time would come so soon.

"

Meredith paced the room. Her people had gathered to hear of the events that took place concerning her father’s death. Her heart beat loudly in her chest and her thoughts dashed all through her mind. This meant that Meredith would have to take the throne and lead her nation. She was queen. Although, she felt proud, she felt unsure. When had she been this nervous? She knew how to lead or, well, she could figure it out, right? Her feelings went crazy ever since she learned the truth of her father’s identity. Strange emotions seemed to come out of nowhere. She shook her head. No, she knew the responsibilities now on her shoulders. She sighed, feeling alone. She ordered all her servants to leave her; even the crown polisher irritated her.

She grabbed her crown, sitting on a green velvet pillow. Now that she looked at it, she realized how much she hated her country’s colors. Alagracia’s insignia had a bird flying through a symbol representative of freedom and life. Why in the world did they have green? The hills were green. The plains were green. The grass was green. All things that were below a bird. She opened the door after taking a deep breath. She fit the crown over her head and walked into the corridor. She went to the balcony that stretched over a kingdom of people under her rule. People that will follow her. She closed her eyes and attempted to calm her nerves.

“Don’t have a heart attack.” Meredith’s eyes shot open and she saw Brooke leaned against the wall, crossing her arms and smiling at her. She had on a black tank top and blue jean shorts. She looked so casual and comfortable. Meredith needed some of that look to rub on her.

“I’m afraid,” she admitted, averting her gaze.

“That’s a first.” Brooke revealed a polished, gleaming crown, larger than her own. She removed Meredith’s princess crown, replacing it with a queen’s crown, her mother’s crown. “Need me to stand out there with you?”

“I’m a big girl,” Meredith scoffed. She frowned and stepped closer to the doors of the balcony. She heard the people, waiting. She froze, laying her hand on one of the glass doors. Brooke plopped a hand on her anxious friend’s shoulder. She guided Meredith out of the doors and onto the balcony.

The sun shined brightly, reflecting off the queen’s crown. People stretched for miles, but here Meredith was. She couldn’t back down now. She cleared her throat. Anymalis, giants, elves, and humans gathered in front of the palace, just before the grand lake. Everyone grew quiet and listened. Brooke nodded to Meredith, encouraging her. “My people, I come to bear you ill news,” she began. “King Victor was a fraud. He originally belonged to the kingdom of Astacia where he murdered his father and then proceeded into Alagracia, murdering my mother and my younger sister in an attempt to gain power that did not belong to him!” Meredith restrained any tears and kept a clear face. She continued as the crowd broke out into an uproar of whispering and gasping. “He framed my best friend, Brooklyn Keeper and falsely arrested her father.

I, the last of my family, Meredith Ana Danielson will take the throne. To lead you. To protect you. To push you onward because without a leader, our country will crumble.” Meredith smirked. “And there’s going to be some changes around here.”

The crowd exchanged glances wondering what their princess wanted to change. Meredith pointed to the green and yellow flag wavering in the wind. “I hate the color green.” The crowd went into more whispering and murmuring. “I have decided to change it to blue because my dearest friend, Brooklyn Keeper, has showed me the heights of our minds are high, the strength of our will shall follow. I am keeping yellow, but I’m going to take this country high. Let us represent our insignia. We are the birds and the sky will be the limit for us.”

The crowd cheered and Meredith felt relieved, uplifted really as if her own speech encouraged her. Her crown sat comfortable on her head. She looked at Brooke looking back at her. They shared a genuine smile. Brooke followed Meredith into the palace. “You did great out there,” complemented Brooke.

“You think so?”

Brooke nodded, but then she stopped and Meredith stopped as well. “So what does this mean for us?”

Meredith cocked her head to the side. “What do you mean?”

“Well, you’re gonna be running a country and I’ll be…somewhere. Think we’ll still be friends in the next two years?”

Meredith frowned. “Of course we will.” Her frown loosened back into a smile. “I mean you’re gonna be one of my master guardians; we’re gonna be seeing a lot of each other.”

Brooke’s eyes widened. “What?”

“I’ve been talking to Rogue and he’s explained to me how hard you worked to serve me. I’ve seen your skills first hand and I want you to protect me along side Master Guardian Kirin, though we all know I can protect myself.” Meredith winked. Brooke couldn’t catch her breath. She…the job she worked so hard for, given to her just like this. She wanted to pinch herself as if she had traveled and fought in a dream. “One more thing, where are you living?”

“I don’t know where I’ll be living. I don’t want return to my father’s house and a couch isn’t comfortable-” Brooke reconciled with her father. He will be in a wheel chair for a while, but the doctor assured he’d walk again. Surprisingly, Mary was open to caring for him and Brooke trusted her to do that. She still didn’t like her stepsisters, however. Their close-minded brains gave her aneurisms. In the end, she’d probably have to room with Rogue. No way did she consider moving in with Shawn.

“Why don’t you have a room in my palace?”

“I can’t do that, Meredith.” This was too good to be true. Brooke’s dream had come true. In the strangest way possible, but it came true. She would be a master guardian, working for the royal family who so happened to be here best friend. Now she got to live in a palace. It was too much. “I didn’t befriend you to get anything.”

Meredith shook her head. “Nonsense! Do you want the room or not?” Brooke nodded. She obtained what she always wanted and more. She was master guardian for her queen. She had a luxurious house. She had a relationship with Shawn. Guardian…now that she thought about it. She was guardian of two things. She wished she knew more about the second thing she was guarding. The Celestial Command. It didn’t help her, not one bit. “Great, I’ll have one of my servants pick you one tomorrow, but for now...It’s time to party!” Meredith screamed in excitement. “We have a festival to attend!”

Brooke laughed at the party animal, fun-loving, childish, stubborn queen. Meredith grabbed the arm of the strong, ambitious, aloof, stiff swordswoman. The two friends walked down the corridor, bold, fearless, and unafraid for whatever come their way.

 



© 2013 Kianna


Author's Note

Kianna
Dear Reader,

What do you think of the speech? Yes, Brooke gets her happily ever after after so much suffering and toil.

Sincerely JazzSoulKeke,

God bless

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

376 Views
Added on July 6, 2013
Last Updated on July 6, 2013
Tags: Kianna Taylor, Kianna, Taylor, God, love, song, fantasy, book, elves, dark, romance, princess, king, queen, kingdom, epic fantasy, urban fantasy, epic, urban, young adult, occult, magic, depression


Author

Kianna
Kianna

Houston, TX



About
Hello. Hmm, about me. I am a pre-nursing student hoping to become a psychiatric nurse and work with mental health patients all day. Eventually, I want to establish my own clinic. Besides writing fanta.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Kianna