Why

Why

A Poem by Robert Luna
"

This was written for a friend that was going through rough time just to let her know I felt her pain and to let her know she was not alone.

"

Breath
.
.
Breath
Here I am
Left with only
My emptiness filling the void
Seeming I lost myself again
Missing the part of me you held

Feeling so small
Unable to find shelter in your arms
Taking on a world alone
Just not sure I can make it
Alone.
.
.
Alone, the thought starts sinking in
Reality of my fears
I have to remain strong
No one can know I am so weak
Without you by my side

Wondering where is my happy ending
Grasping to memories of better days
Faded wishes I would never know this grief
Words and promises that were whispers
Lay echoing on these walls

Too ashamed to pray
For someone to take away this pain
Unsure where to go from here
The answers are just so unclear

Finding myself in that place
That God and man
Can never see eye to eye
Us just asking why

© 2008 Robert Luna


Author's Note

Robert Luna
This was written for a friend that was going through rough time just to let her know I felt her pain and to let her know she was not alone.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Argh, I hate that feeling.
The support you once had, once trusted, were so sure of,
taken away so abruptly it takes ages to sink in.
Trying to stand alone is impossible, you just fall :(

I think you have conveyed this empty, powerless feeling very well Robert.
I particularly enjoy your use of photos :D

I would also like to apologise for my lack of reviews.

GBG - Leah

Posted 16 Years Ago


15 of 15 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This work holds such a mournful beauty. I am so pleased I had the opportunity to read it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem made me go through some very depths in search of a ray of light without finding any; not even a real glimmer of hope was to be seen in all this darkness. I can only wish for the both of you that you were able to make the seed of hope and light which is planted in every human being grow, and fill your souls with peace again.

This piece you say you have written to help your friend - when the truth is that it for sure was more a medicine to heal yourself from the pain you experienced - I'm convinced, even if you yourself weren't aware of it.

The poem itself is very well done, has the right rhythm, and therefore it has a very strong impact on the reader.

Very impressive!



Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Awesome write. Relating thru pain sometimes helps others to see a flash a light. That someone has gone thru the same things, and now is comfort to them.

Wondering where is my happy ending
Grasping to memories of better days
Faded wishes I would never know this grief
Words and promises that were whispers
Lay echoing on these walls

I felt this way a few months ago. Unknown answers and just your thoughts of things that have been said, can lay like a heavy blanket of rocks on your back. Inspiring piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Quick little word choice change I'd make: in the last stanza, second line--change "That" to "Where" and see if it feels better to you.

Aside from that, this is remarkable. I read this once, then read it again, slowly, giving pause here and there. Then I read it again, picturing other voices reading it. Each imagining became better and more unique but one thing stayed the same--the poem itself and the feelings I was given over to are constant and beautiful. Regret, loneliness, love, fear, pain--I felt them all. This is exceptional work and I am grateful to you for posting it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

"Too ashamed to pray"....This line is amazing! (greedily I wish I would have wrote it!)

This is a perfect example of what I mean...throw format to the wind and do not just pluck at hearts strings.......tear them from complacency�s breast and leave them exposed to the elements.......into my fav's.


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

...It must be really nice to have you for a friend, you have a great ability to be empathetic to the people around you which allows you to actually be helpful instead of annoying and harmful. This is a great poem, very emotinal and intuitive... I hope your friend is doing better.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Sadness, alone, sorrow,... describing a difficult place to be. Good word usage, nice form and structure. Good work, Robert.

Doc.

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.

I love this work....It reminds me of how I have been feeling lately, really. The funny thing is...I have no reason to be feeling this way. Heh. Anyway, great job, hun. I love your work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.

Alone, the thought starts sinking in
Reality of my fears
I have to remain strong
No one can know I am so weak
Without you by my side

Oh, this was sad and heartfelt. I am sorry for your friend, and you captured this so perfectly it gave me chills reading it. The sadness so perfectly woven into your words. Thank you for writing this, for your friend and for all of us.

xxoxx

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.

Very touching.

"Faded wishes I would never know this grief
Words and promises that were whispers
Lay echoing on these walls" (Great lines!!!)

You describe this grief well. The regret, denial that this could ever happen to us. You do a good job of drawing us in and making us intimate with her in the beginning. She is fortunate at least to have someone who listens so well.



Posted 16 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

697 Views
48 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2008

Author

Robert Luna
Robert Luna

Somewhere between here and there



About
My name is Robert. I write therefore I feel I am. My words come from my heart, soul, and mind. I write what I feel and see, life is my inspiration. Life itself is art in its purest form. There is noth.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..